Owner and President
Stinson Advisory Services PLLC
Jeffrey StinsonJeffrey L. Stinson has always liked the competitive nature of business.
Since 2001, the 39-year-old Tennessee native has been the owner and president of Stinson Advisory Services PLLC of Little Rock.
Stinson's largest client is the Fund for Arkansas' Future, an angel fund with $6.6 million and 60 members that invests in Arkansas-based startup companies.
"The thing I am most passionate in my career is economic development in the state of Arkansas," Stinson said. "I firmly believe that one of the best ways for our state to move forward is the startup and growth of our own knowledge-based companies."
After graduating from Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville in 1989, Stinson worked as an auditor at Arthur Andersen in Nashville, a financial analyst and director of marketing at American Homepatient Inc. in Nashville.
He received his MBA from Vanderbilt University in 1998.
Then, like so many other men, he followed an Arkansas woman home. They married in 2001.
"I feel like it's my home state now," he said.
Stinson is a board member of Youth Home Inc. He said he tries "to give more than you take and help those whose voice isn't as strong as yours."
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Georgia-Pacific's Crossett Mill On Front Line of Tissue Wars 4 days ago
- Rosewood Brings Retro Style to Hearses 4 days ago
- Update: Scott Inman to Leave KATV in Early 2016, Join GenWealth 3 days ago
- Frank, Judy Fletcher Give UA $600K for Entrepreneurial Course 3 days ago
- Update: Tech Park, Richard Mays Settle on Price 2 days ago