Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Thomas & Thomas LLP CPAs
Pattie WeedIt sounds crazy even to her, but Pattie Weed is the first female partner in the 53-year history of accounting firm Thomas & Thomas. And she did it the old-fashioned way.
"You have to work day and night. You have to eat little and sleep little," she said.
Weed, who graduated from Hendrix College at Conway in 1993, first worked for Deloitte & Touche then joined Thomas & Thomas in November 1999. Her specialty is audit and consulting. (No taxes. She doesn't even do her own tax return.)
And most of her clients are nonprofit organizations and quasi-governmental agencies.
"We work with companies that have $10 billion in assets like Arkansas Teacher Retirement System down to little-bitty nonprofits that only get $25,000 in revenue a year," she said.
The hardest part of such a specialized practice is trying not to get personally involved in the clients' programs.
"I end up volunteering for everything," Weed, 35, said. She was serving up gyros at the Greek Food Festival that benefited clients CareLink and Easter Seals, and the firm gave up its work for the Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Pulaski County so Weed could join its board of directors. She is now its president.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- White County Woman Wins $1.25M Defamation Case Against Website 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Tyson Foods Gives $1M to Downtown Springdale Alliance 2 days ago
- Barber Co-Defendant James Van Doren Asks Court for Bond Relief 2 years ago
- Agreement Puts Drones Closer to Sky 7 days ago