Jeff YatesLiving in the moment and looking to the future is the perfect mantra for someone in the commercial and investment real estate business, and Jeff Yates, 39, practices what he preaches.
"I've never been big on what you have done; it's all about what you're doing now," he said. "That way, you stay focused on how you can make tomorrow better."
Yates learned finance from both the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, which is symbolic of his work patterns of today.
With a new office in northwest Arkansas and roots in Little Rock, Irwin Partners recently scooped up Yates after he had built an impressive client list at Flake & Kelley Commercial following a stint with a regional commercial real estate company in Houston. Yates returned to Little Rock in 2000.
"In this business, versatility between central and northwest Arkansas is key," he said.
Yates has been a member of the Little Rock Planning Commission since 2004 and is a board member for the Executive Networking Association. He will soon join the board for Habitat for Humanity and has been a co-chair and government relations chair with the International Council of Shopping Centers, where he currently serves on the programs committee.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Drones Take Place of News Choppers 5 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- $42.6 Million Transaction Visits Foothills Apartments (Real Deals) 5 hours ago
- Slim Chickens' Goal: By 2025, 600 Outlets 5 hours ago
- Changing Business Models in Midair 5 hours ago