Senior Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer
USA Truck Inc.
Cliff BeckhamCliff Beckham went to work for USA Truck immediately after getting his accounting degree from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 1994.
The Fort Smith native had worked part time at ABF Freight System, but that spring, the Teamsters Union was on strike and he was told he might want to try for a job at USA Truck, the truckload spin-off from ABF. The 35-year-old has been there ever since, working his way up to chief financial officer in February 2002 with the added title of senior vice president of finance since November 2003.
Beckham serves on the board of the National Accounting & Finance Council, a council of the American Trucking Associations.
“It’s important for people to stay grounded,” Beckham said, “and the best way to do that is through family. The values of a good father, a good husband — honesty, integrity, character — are the same values that make a person successful in business.”
The father of three has been a youth coach for the Fort Smith Boys & Girls Clubs for the past 10 years. He has also served three years on the board of the Van Buren Chamber of Commerce and worked on fund-raising activities for the United Way of Fort Smith.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- JPMS Cox, HoganTaylor Announce Merger 2 days ago
- Menguin of Fayetteville Sold for $25M 3 days ago
- Marshall Saviers on What's Missing from Northwest Arkansas' Growth Experience 7 days ago
- Del Monte Foods Sells Sager Creek, Siloam Springs Plant Closes 4 days ago
- Windstream Cuts 21 Jobs in Arkansas 3 days ago