Executive Vice President
First Federal Bank of Arkansas
Jeff BrandtTwo career paths with family traditions beckoned to Jeff Brandt when he was growing up in Harrison: the military and banking. He managed to merge the divergent career paths.
“I had the best of both worlds,” Brandt, 36, said.
He went through Army ROTC at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, emerging in 1993 as a distinguished military graduate with a bachelor’s degree in finance/real estate and a commission as a second lieutenant.
Working as an in-house real estate appraiser, Brandt became the fourth generation of his family to work at First Federal Bank of Arkansas in Harrison, where his father, Larry Brandt, is CEO. That was followed with work as a branch manager and loan officer in Berryville for four years and in Mountain Home for seven years.
During 1993-2004, Brandt served with his local Army Reserve unit, the 489th Engineering Battalion. He was awarded the Bronze Star during the unit’s deployment in Operation Iraqi Freedom 2003-04.
Brandt mustered out of the Army as a captain, following the footsteps of his father, who retired as a colonel, and two grandfathers, who served during World War II.
Brandt has since risen to become First Federal’s executive vice president and eastern division manager. He is active with the Ozark District of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Stone Ward's Danny Koteras Reviews Super Bowl Ads
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 3 days ago
- Centennial Bank Acquires Florida Branches in FDIC-Assisted Deal 1 day ago
- Update: Baptist Health-NLR Agrees to $2.7 Million Settlement for Medicare Billing Dispute 1 day ago
- Book Excerpt: Charles Morgan on Jeff Ubben, Acxiom's Battle With ValueAct 2 days ago
- Cameron Smith, Karen Fetzer Named Top Executives at Arkansas Business of the Year Awards 2 days ago