Executive Vice President
First Federal Bank of Arkansas
Jeff BrandtTwo career paths with family traditions beckoned to Jeff Brandt when he was growing up in Harrison: the military and banking. He managed to merge the divergent career paths.
“I had the best of both worlds,” Brandt, 36, said.
He went through Army ROTC at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, emerging in 1993 as a distinguished military graduate with a bachelor’s degree in finance/real estate and a commission as a second lieutenant.
Working as an in-house real estate appraiser, Brandt became the fourth generation of his family to work at First Federal Bank of Arkansas in Harrison, where his father, Larry Brandt, is CEO. That was followed with work as a branch manager and loan officer in Berryville for four years and in Mountain Home for seven years.
During 1993-2004, Brandt served with his local Army Reserve unit, the 489th Engineering Battalion. He was awarded the Bronze Star during the unit’s deployment in Operation Iraqi Freedom 2003-04.
Brandt mustered out of the Army as a captain, following the footsteps of his father, who retired as a colonel, and two grandfathers, who served during World War II.
Brandt has since risen to become First Federal’s executive vice president and eastern division manager. He is active with the Ozark District of the Boy Scouts of America.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Home BancShares Eyes Another Florida Bank, Expects More Acquisitions 4 hours ago
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 9 months ago
- Shoe Company Munro Laying Off 56 in Hot Springs 4 hours ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon, Wife Give $1M to UA Walton Business College 1 day ago
- $2B Program to Improve Arkansas Highways Begins 2 days ago