Executive Vice President
First Federal Bank of Arkansas
Jeff BrandtTwo career paths with family traditions beckoned to Jeff Brandt when he was growing up in Harrison: the military and banking. He managed to merge the divergent career paths.
“I had the best of both worlds,” Brandt, 36, said.
He went through Army ROTC at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, emerging in 1993 as a distinguished military graduate with a bachelor’s degree in finance/real estate and a commission as a second lieutenant.
Working as an in-house real estate appraiser, Brandt became the fourth generation of his family to work at First Federal Bank of Arkansas in Harrison, where his father, Larry Brandt, is CEO. That was followed with work as a branch manager and loan officer in Berryville for four years and in Mountain Home for seven years.
During 1993-2004, Brandt served with his local Army Reserve unit, the 489th Engineering Battalion. He was awarded the Bronze Star during the unit’s deployment in Operation Iraqi Freedom 2003-04.
Brandt mustered out of the Army as a captain, following the footsteps of his father, who retired as a colonel, and two grandfathers, who served during World War II.
Brandt has since risen to become First Federal’s executive vice president and eastern division manager. He is active with the Ozark District of the Boy Scouts of America.
Arkansas Business Staff
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Widespread Growth Seen in Northwest Arkansas 6 days ago
- USA Truck CEO Paid $1.4M in Total Compensation in 2014 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Humor Warms Bench in John Rogers Court Case 6 days ago
- Slideshow: Inside Robinson Center's $68 Million Renovation Project 6 days ago