Lisa J. Burgess
Principal and Senior Consultant
Legacy Capital Group
Lisa J. BurgessLisa Burgess worked for two years making corporate presentations to help raise funds for the United Way of Pulaski County.
She wasn’t sure about her professional heading, however, until a four-month stint at The Hatcher Agency in Little Rock in 1993 established a new course.
That interest in health insurance led to work with Healthwise of Arkansas and Prudential Healthcare.
In 1998, Burgess, now 39, joined McGehee & Associates as a benefits consultant and helped launch the corporate benefits division for the firm, which morphed into Legacy Capital Group.
As a principal and senior consultant, she negotiates rates while designing and implementing benefit plans primarily for large employer clients.
Burgess graduated with a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Louisiana State University at Baton Rouge. Along the way, she also studied one year at the University of Innsbruck in Austria and completed an internship in Washington, D.C., with former U.S. Sen. David Pryor.
She is an active member of Scott Connections, focused on preserving the community history of Scott, and a member of the Colonial Dames of America.
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Arkansas Unemployment Drops to Record 3.7 Percent in February 1 day ago
- The Influencers: Darrin Williams of Southern Bancorp 6 days ago
- In E-Commerce Push, Wal-Mart Launches Investor Arm, Store No. 8 5 days ago
- Murphy Chief Roger Jenkins' Pay for 2016 Falls 40 Percent 1 day ago
- The Influencers: Michael Poore of the Little Rock School District 6 days ago