Lisa J. Burgess
Principal and Senior Consultant
Legacy Capital Group
Lisa J. BurgessLisa Burgess worked for two years making corporate presentations to help raise funds for the United Way of Pulaski County.
She wasn’t sure about her professional heading, however, until a four-month stint at The Hatcher Agency in Little Rock in 1993 established a new course.
That interest in health insurance led to work with Healthwise of Arkansas and Prudential Healthcare.
In 1998, Burgess, now 39, joined McGehee & Associates as a benefits consultant and helped launch the corporate benefits division for the firm, which morphed into Legacy Capital Group.
As a principal and senior consultant, she negotiates rates while designing and implementing benefit plans primarily for large employer clients.
Burgess graduated with a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Louisiana State University at Baton Rouge. Along the way, she also studied one year at the University of Innsbruck in Austria and completed an internship in Washington, D.C., with former U.S. Sen. David Pryor.
She is an active member of Scott Connections, focused on preserving the community history of Scott, and a member of the Colonial Dames of America.
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Judge Bobby McCallister to Resign Dec. 15 2 days ago
- Tesla Aims to Electrify Big Rigs; Wal-Mart, J.B. Hunt Want In 2 days ago
- Goodwill Arkansas Names Brian Marsh President, CEO 3 days ago
- Jeff Krupsaw Offers 'Human Side' of Democrat-Gazette Layoffs 7 days ago
- Citing Continued Criminal Acts, Federal Prosecutors Seek 141-Month Sentence for John Rogers 5 days ago