Lisa J. Burgess
Principal and Senior Consultant
Legacy Capital Group
Lisa J. BurgessLisa Burgess worked for two years making corporate presentations to help raise funds for the United Way of Pulaski County.
She wasn’t sure about her professional heading, however, until a four-month stint at The Hatcher Agency in Little Rock in 1993 established a new course.
That interest in health insurance led to work with Healthwise of Arkansas and Prudential Healthcare.
In 1998, Burgess, now 39, joined McGehee & Associates as a benefits consultant and helped launch the corporate benefits division for the firm, which morphed into Legacy Capital Group.
As a principal and senior consultant, she negotiates rates while designing and implementing benefit plans primarily for large employer clients.
Burgess graduated with a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Louisiana State University at Baton Rouge. Along the way, she also studied one year at the University of Innsbruck in Austria and completed an internship in Washington, D.C., with former U.S. Sen. David Pryor.
She is an active member of Scott Connections, focused on preserving the community history of Scott, and a member of the Colonial Dames of America.
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Boone County Airport Board Selects Contour Airlines for EAS
- UCA Narrows Applicants for President
- Arkansas Court Disqualifies Medical Marijuana Proposal, Issue 7 14 hours ago
- Two Financial Centre Sold for $11.3M 14 hours ago
- Arkansas Scientist Pleads in Rice Seed Theft Case 17 hours ago
- Camp Siloam Gets $1M Donation for Dining Hall Campaign 13 hours ago
- Mini Golf Owner Accused of Putting Money Away from Judgment 4 days ago