Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Director, President and CEO
Arkansas Manufacturing Solutions, Balm Innovations LLC
Lydia CarsonBalancing two careers means Lydia Carson, 38, has to be as efficient as possible.
Carson’s first career is directing the state-sponsored Arkansas Manufacturing Solutions, a program of the Arkansas Science & Technology Authority that is one of 59 national programs in the Manufacturing Extension Partnership. It seeks to help the state’s manufacturers increase sales and profits by cutting costs and improving their operations.
AMS has increased sales at Arkansas manufacturers by nearly $170 million, helped them save more than $14 million and has created and retained more than 2,000 jobs.
“I feel that manufacturing is vitally important to this state, and there are a lot of homegrown opportunities here to be harvested,” Carson said.
Carson’s second career is running Balm Innovations LLC, a University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences BioVentures firm marketing natural personal care products, like Omnibalm, a tea tree oil topical cream developed at UAMS to treat skin irritations. The product is on the shelves of dozens of drugstores statewide, and Carson hopes eventually to go international.
She serves on the boards of the central Arkansas chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners and the Arkansas Inventors’ Group.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 10 months ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 2 years ago
- Moses Tucker Real Estate Looks to Next Generation, Plans for Future 2 days ago
- Proposal Filed To End Arkansas' Private Option Compromise Medicaid Plan 2 days ago
- Arkansas Education Board to Consider Takeover of Little Rock Schools 3 hours ago