Penny Collins Choate
Choate Law Firm PLLC
Penny Collins ChoateAfter a couple of years with the Davidson Law Firm, Penny Choate started her own law firm in January 2004 at age 34. This year, she opened a second office at Searcy.
The graduate of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock’s School of Law focuses on business litigation and divorce litigation. The two aren’t entirely different: A divorce can create some complex business records, Choate said.
Choate, 37, has been active in the Arkansas Business & Professional Women since 1989, serving as its president while still working on her law degree. She has also served on the board for BPW/USA.
She was named the Arkansas Young Careerist for BPW, was Downtown Little Rock BPW’s Woman of the Year in 2004-05 and received the Arkansas BPW’s Women Mean Business Award in the Legal Profession for 2003-04 and 2005-06.
Choate also is on the executive board of the Ouachita Girl Scouts Council and on the board of the Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence, where she chaired the Amethyst Ball fund-raiser.
Choate hopes to serve on the Arkansas Supreme Court within the next 20 years.
Following the advice of her grandfather, who urged her to be the best she could be, Choate said: “I believe in quality over volume. Word-of-mouth has made my practice explode.”
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Sprint to Add Regional HQ in Little Rock, 100 Jobs by Year's End 1 day ago
- 10 Startups Chosen For FinTech Accelerator Launching May 16 3 days ago
- Walnut Ridge, Others See Development Boost from I-57 Designation 2 days ago
- Update: Sun Paper of China Picks Clark County for $1.3B Pulp Mill 5 days ago
- ArcBest Swings to $6M 1Q Loss, Cites 'Sluggish' Manufacturing 2 days ago