Penny Collins Choate
Choate Law Firm PLLC
Penny Collins ChoateAfter a couple of years with the Davidson Law Firm, Penny Choate started her own law firm in January 2004 at age 34. This year, she opened a second office at Searcy.
The graduate of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock’s School of Law focuses on business litigation and divorce litigation. The two aren’t entirely different: A divorce can create some complex business records, Choate said.
Choate, 37, has been active in the Arkansas Business & Professional Women since 1989, serving as its president while still working on her law degree. She has also served on the board for BPW/USA.
She was named the Arkansas Young Careerist for BPW, was Downtown Little Rock BPW’s Woman of the Year in 2004-05 and received the Arkansas BPW’s Women Mean Business Award in the Legal Profession for 2003-04 and 2005-06.
Choate also is on the executive board of the Ouachita Girl Scouts Council and on the board of the Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence, where she chaired the Amethyst Ball fund-raiser.
Choate hopes to serve on the Arkansas Supreme Court within the next 20 years.
Following the advice of her grandfather, who urged her to be the best she could be, Choate said: “I believe in quality over volume. Word-of-mouth has made my practice explode.”
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Stephens Inc. Hires 5 From Sterne Agee 6 days ago
- CJRW@SXSWi: Reaching Those Big-Spending Millennials 1 month ago
- Asa Hutchinson Chooses 3 Justices for Gay Marriage Case 5 days ago
- Southwind Milling in Pine Bluff Gets New Partner, $9M for Expansion 4 days ago