R. Scott Coffey
President & CEO
Exchange Capital Corp.
R. Scott CoffeyScott Coffey’s interest in buying accounts receivables from companies wanting to free up cash flow began with a conversation with his father.
Coffey’s father said he needed some help with his factoring business and offered him a job until he found something else after graduate school.
“I told him, ‘Done,’ and I haven’t wanted to do anything else,” Coffey, 39, said.
Working at Exchange Capital Corp. affords the Conway native the opportunity to work with a wide range of businesses. Last year, he helped form HealthCare Capital Inc., a niche factoring venture.
“We’re a small business, and we’re helping small businesses,” Coffey said. “It’s a timing issue, not so much a credit issue, for the firms we work with.”
In 1990, he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Central Arkansas in Conway and worked as a research intern at Little Rock’s Stephens Inc.
Coffey also worked as a research analyst intern at J.C. Bradford & Co. in Nashville, Tenn., in 1991-92 while getting his master’s degree in finance from Vanderbilt University.
He is active with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Bank of the Ozarks Frank Broyles Golf Classic and serves as a fund-raising co-chairman for Conway Christian School.
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Cogswell Motors Owner, Wife Found Dead 2 days ago
- Coulson Oil to Build New Headquarters in NorthShore Business Park 17 hours ago
- Hooters Set to Open in May 4 days ago
- Alliance Insurance Agents Surprised by AID Order; Plan to Buy Insolvent Agency 3 days ago
- Insurance Agent Berry Bishop Accused of Fraud, Misuse of Premium 3 days ago