R. Scott Coffey
President & CEO
Exchange Capital Corp.
R. Scott CoffeyScott Coffey’s interest in buying accounts receivables from companies wanting to free up cash flow began with a conversation with his father.
Coffey’s father said he needed some help with his factoring business and offered him a job until he found something else after graduate school.
“I told him, ‘Done,’ and I haven’t wanted to do anything else,” Coffey, 39, said.
Working at Exchange Capital Corp. affords the Conway native the opportunity to work with a wide range of businesses. Last year, he helped form HealthCare Capital Inc., a niche factoring venture.
“We’re a small business, and we’re helping small businesses,” Coffey said. “It’s a timing issue, not so much a credit issue, for the firms we work with.”
In 1990, he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Central Arkansas in Conway and worked as a research intern at Little Rock’s Stephens Inc.
Coffey also worked as a research analyst intern at J.C. Bradford & Co. in Nashville, Tenn., in 1991-92 while getting his master’s degree in finance from Vanderbilt University.
He is active with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Bank of the Ozarks Frank Broyles Golf Classic and serves as a fund-raising co-chairman for Conway Christian School.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Bill Simon Stepping Down As Leader of Wal-Mart's U.S. Stores 2 hours ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 21 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 3 days ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 18 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago