R. Scott Coffey
President & CEO
Exchange Capital Corp.
R. Scott CoffeyScott Coffey’s interest in buying accounts receivables from companies wanting to free up cash flow began with a conversation with his father.
Coffey’s father said he needed some help with his factoring business and offered him a job until he found something else after graduate school.
“I told him, ‘Done,’ and I haven’t wanted to do anything else,” Coffey, 39, said.
Working at Exchange Capital Corp. affords the Conway native the opportunity to work with a wide range of businesses. Last year, he helped form HealthCare Capital Inc., a niche factoring venture.
“We’re a small business, and we’re helping small businesses,” Coffey said. “It’s a timing issue, not so much a credit issue, for the firms we work with.”
In 1990, he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Central Arkansas in Conway and worked as a research intern at Little Rock’s Stephens Inc.
Coffey also worked as a research analyst intern at J.C. Bradford & Co. in Nashville, Tenn., in 1991-92 while getting his master’s degree in finance from Vanderbilt University.
He is active with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Bank of the Ozarks Frank Broyles Golf Classic and serves as a fund-raising co-chairman for Conway Christian School.
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- 2 Banks Join Arkansas Business' Largest Private Companies List 2 days ago
- Arrest Warrant Issued for John Rogers 2 days ago
- Fowler Foods Cheers Colonel Sanders' Return to KFC 2 days ago
- Asa Hutchinson Names AJ Gary New ADEM Director 6 hours ago
- 'A Good Graphic' (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago