Merrill Lynch Global Private Client Group
Matt CoffieldMatthew Coffield credits a college business course with turning him on to a career in finance. Ever since then, Coffield has pursued that interest.
“It’s always been finance,” he said. “I love it.”
Coffield graduated with a bachelor’s degree in economics and finance from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in 1992.
He joined Little Rock’s Pulaski Bank & Trust as a mortgage banker, working nine years as a loan officer and helping put together mortgage-backed securities.
The Little Rock native rose to vice president with the bank before joining the Little Rock office of Merrill Lynch, where he had interned during college.
Coffield, 39, is a chartered retirement planning counselor with May Coffield & Associates, a private wealth management entity that is part of Merrill Lynch’s global private client group. He especially enjoys working with hedge and alternative investments.
Coffield is a member of the UALR Economic Advisory Council, a graduate of the 2006 FBI Citizens’ Academy and a member of the Little Rock Zoo Board of Governors.
“I love the zoo, my kids love the zoo, and we absolutely love being involved out there,” he said.
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Update: No Action on Lawyer Sanctions; Holmes Rethinking Finding of 'Bad Faith' 6 hours ago
- Crisis or Speed Bump? What Brexit Vote Means for World Economy 6 hours ago
- Two Former Walmart Express Stores to Reopen As Harps 1 day ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 40 Under 40 Class of 2016 5 days ago
- Casino Campaign Announces Deal With Cherokee Nation 1 day ago