Merrill Lynch Global Private Client Group
Matt CoffieldMatthew Coffield credits a college business course with turning him on to a career in finance. Ever since then, Coffield has pursued that interest.
“It’s always been finance,” he said. “I love it.”
Coffield graduated with a bachelor’s degree in economics and finance from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in 1992.
He joined Little Rock’s Pulaski Bank & Trust as a mortgage banker, working nine years as a loan officer and helping put together mortgage-backed securities.
The Little Rock native rose to vice president with the bank before joining the Little Rock office of Merrill Lynch, where he had interned during college.
Coffield, 39, is a chartered retirement planning counselor with May Coffield & Associates, a private wealth management entity that is part of Merrill Lynch’s global private client group. He especially enjoys working with hedge and alternative investments.
Coffield is a member of the UALR Economic Advisory Council, a graduate of the 2006 FBI Citizens’ Academy and a member of the Little Rock Zoo Board of Governors.
“I love the zoo, my kids love the zoo, and we absolutely love being involved out there,” he said.
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Hutchinson, AEDC Launch 'Arkansas Inc.' to Recruit, Retain Companies 1 day ago
- Wayne Farms Plant in Laurel, Mississippi, to Lay Off 500 2 days ago
- East Little Rock's 'Innovation Alley' Drawing Grit, Funk Lovers 5 days ago
- Acxiom Reports 3Q Loss, But Revenue, Earnings Guidance Rises 1 day ago
- Murphy USA to Sell CAM Pipeline for $85M; 4Q Income Down 32 Percent 2 days ago