Merrill Lynch Global Private Client Group
Matt CoffieldMatthew Coffield credits a college business course with turning him on to a career in finance. Ever since then, Coffield has pursued that interest.
“It’s always been finance,” he said. “I love it.”
Coffield graduated with a bachelor’s degree in economics and finance from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in 1992.
He joined Little Rock’s Pulaski Bank & Trust as a mortgage banker, working nine years as a loan officer and helping put together mortgage-backed securities.
The Little Rock native rose to vice president with the bank before joining the Little Rock office of Merrill Lynch, where he had interned during college.
Coffield, 39, is a chartered retirement planning counselor with May Coffield & Associates, a private wealth management entity that is part of Merrill Lynch’s global private client group. He especially enjoys working with hedge and alternative investments.
Coffield is a member of the UALR Economic Advisory Council, a graduate of the 2006 FBI Citizens’ Academy and a member of the Little Rock Zoo Board of Governors.
“I love the zoo, my kids love the zoo, and we absolutely love being involved out there,” he said.
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Thinking Big Rigs, Arkansas Company Cleans Up 3 days ago
- Lawsuits Challenge Fairy Tale Founding of Lauren James 4 weeks ago
- Union Partners to Build Facility on Big River Steel Campus 4 days ago
- Youth Services Bankruptcy Unveils Theft Case, FBI Probe 1 week ago
- Tom Garrison, Who Led American Freightways, Dies at 57 6 days ago