John Conner III
Vice President-Private Client Group
John Conner IIIIt might sound a little clichéd, he said, but John Conner, 35, owes his success to persistence and hard work.
“My dad has been the biggest influence on me and my career,” Conner said. “He taught me that you’re not always going to be the smartest guy in the room, but persistence and hard work can often make up for that.”
Conner joined Stephens Inc. of Little Rock as a financial adviser just more than five years ago and quickly rose to vice president of the firm’s private client group, providing financial advice to families and businesses.
“That work is really very rewarding when you’re helping folks with their finances,” he said. “Whether it’s from a business or personal standpoint, it’s nice to be able to help people realize some of their dreams.”
That’s a long way from where his career began in Newport helping run his family’s array of businesses and doing some farming for nearly seven years. That included the expansion of the family’s John Deere franchise and building a successful 4,500-acre rice and soybean farming operation.
His farming background landed him on the board of the Arkansas Rice Depot, and he also serves on the Museum of Discovery board. A graduate of the University of Arkansas, Conner is also on the alumni advisory board of the UA’s Sam M. Walton College of Business.
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Nucor to Announce 'Significant' Investment in Mississippi County
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Angelica Rogers Hit With $15.6M Consent Judgment 1 day ago
- Weyerhaeuser Launches $190M Dierks Sawmill Project 1 day ago
- Bank of Fayetteville Sale Registers 1.34x Book 1 day ago
- Aubra Anthony: Sale of Anthony Forest Products Best for Family 1 day ago
- Still No Answers in Turner Grain Collapse 1 day ago