Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Director of State Government Relations and Policy Development
Mid-South Division Inc. of the American Cancer Society
Kevin DednerKevin Dedner was planning a career in politics but then became disillusioned with the political process.
So the 30-year-old Little Rock native took a job with the Mid-South Division of the American Cancer Society in March 2003 as the Arkansas government relations director.
“I was fortunate to find the opportunity with the society, and I haven’t looked back,” he said.
In August, Dedner was named director of state government relations and policy development for the agency, where he’s responsible for managing the public policy agenda for the six-state division. One of his successes has been helping to pass laws in Arkansas and Louisiana that prohibit smoking in public places.
Before he joined the Cancer Society, Dedner was racking up accomplishments in the political arena, including being appointed director of the African-American outreach effort for Al Gore’s presidential run. He also was the director of outreach for the Arkansas Democratic Party.
Dedner serves the community as a member of the Arkansas Society of Association Executives, Minority Health Consortium and the Bio-Ethics Committee of Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
Dedner said he tries to follow Mahatma Gandhi’s advice: “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Proposal Filed To End Arkansas' Private Option Compromise Medicaid Plan 2 days ago
- Moses Tucker Real Estate Looks to Next Generation, Plans for Future 2 days ago
- Ross Cranford on the Current 'Revolutionary' Climate in Advertising & Marketing 2 days ago
- Magellan Pipeline Seeks Eminent Domain on Slice of Property 2 days ago
- Good Luck With That (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago