Director of State Government Relations and Policy Development
Mid-South Division Inc. of the American Cancer Society
Kevin DednerKevin Dedner was planning a career in politics but then became disillusioned with the political process.
So the 30-year-old Little Rock native took a job with the Mid-South Division of the American Cancer Society in March 2003 as the Arkansas government relations director.
“I was fortunate to find the opportunity with the society, and I haven’t looked back,” he said.
In August, Dedner was named director of state government relations and policy development for the agency, where he’s responsible for managing the public policy agenda for the six-state division. One of his successes has been helping to pass laws in Arkansas and Louisiana that prohibit smoking in public places.
Before he joined the Cancer Society, Dedner was racking up accomplishments in the political arena, including being appointed director of the African-American outreach effort for Al Gore’s presidential run. He also was the director of outreach for the Arkansas Democratic Party.
Dedner serves the community as a member of the Arkansas Society of Association Executives, Minority Health Consortium and the Bio-Ethics Committee of Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
Dedner said he tries to follow Mahatma Gandhi’s advice: “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- SIG Sauer Finalizes Plans to Move to Jacksonville 22 hours ago
- Oreos, Apple and Core Knowledge (Craig Douglass On Consumers) 3 days ago
- AEDC Opens Bids for Advertising Contracts 1 day ago
- Baptist Health Promotes 2 at North Little Rock Campus 1 day ago
- Murphy Oil Reports 1Q Loss of $198M 17 hours ago