Chief Executive Officer
Peterson Farms Inc.
Blake EvansFor Blake Evans, change is “not necessarily a bad thing,” and it shows in the variety of experience he gained before settling at Peterson Farms Inc. of Decatur.
Evans -- grandson of Lloyd Peterson, founder and chairman of Peterson Farms -- navigated through internships with Peterson Farms, family-owned Decatur State Bank, Grand Federal Savings Bank of Decatur and ANB Financial of Rogers. In 1997, he became an assistant manager at The Spirits Shop in Fayetteville, where he worked until he received his business degree from the University of Arkansas in 1999.
In 2000, Evans became Internet and fleet sales coordinator of Continental Auto Mall of Joplin, Mo., but moved to Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith Inc. in Rogers in 2001 as a financial adviser and syndicate coordinator. Three years later, he moved back to Peterson Farms, where he is now chief executive officer.
In 2005, Evans introduced a plan to boost production and make Peterson Farms more competitive in the poultry processing industry through automation
Evans is a member of the Northwest Arkansas Community Foundation advisory board, the National Chicken Council and the Arkansas Poultry Federation. Evans has been a member of the ANB Financial board since 2005. He has also volunteered with Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Simmons First Eyes Downtown Acxiom Building in Little Rock 2 days ago
- Are 401(k) Costs Fair? Firms Can Analyze Fees 2 days ago
- Relyance, Citizens Banks Plan Hot Springs Branches 2 days ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Posts Record 4Q, Yearly Net Income 12 hours ago
- The In-Person Experience (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago