Chief Executive Officer
Peterson Farms Inc.
Blake EvansFor Blake Evans, change is “not necessarily a bad thing,” and it shows in the variety of experience he gained before settling at Peterson Farms Inc. of Decatur.
Evans -- grandson of Lloyd Peterson, founder and chairman of Peterson Farms -- navigated through internships with Peterson Farms, family-owned Decatur State Bank, Grand Federal Savings Bank of Decatur and ANB Financial of Rogers. In 1997, he became an assistant manager at The Spirits Shop in Fayetteville, where he worked until he received his business degree from the University of Arkansas in 1999.
In 2000, Evans became Internet and fleet sales coordinator of Continental Auto Mall of Joplin, Mo., but moved to Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith Inc. in Rogers in 2001 as a financial adviser and syndicate coordinator. Three years later, he moved back to Peterson Farms, where he is now chief executive officer.
In 2005, Evans introduced a plan to boost production and make Peterson Farms more competitive in the poultry processing industry through automation
Evans is a member of the Northwest Arkansas Community Foundation advisory board, the National Chicken Council and the Arkansas Poultry Federation. Evans has been a member of the ANB Financial board since 2005. He has also volunteered with Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Legacy Capital Sells Corporate Benefits Business to OneDigital 18 hours ago
- Pasta Jack's Asks: What's In a Name? 3 days ago
- Dispute Over Taxes Tears Family Apart 3 days ago
- Arkansas Health Insurers Seek Rate Hikes of 8 to 22 Percent 22 hours ago
- Arkansas Banks Signing on to Mobile Wallets 3 days ago