Chief Executive Officer
Peterson Farms Inc.
Blake EvansFor Blake Evans, change is “not necessarily a bad thing,” and it shows in the variety of experience he gained before settling at Peterson Farms Inc. of Decatur.
Evans -- grandson of Lloyd Peterson, founder and chairman of Peterson Farms -- navigated through internships with Peterson Farms, family-owned Decatur State Bank, Grand Federal Savings Bank of Decatur and ANB Financial of Rogers. In 1997, he became an assistant manager at The Spirits Shop in Fayetteville, where he worked until he received his business degree from the University of Arkansas in 1999.
In 2000, Evans became Internet and fleet sales coordinator of Continental Auto Mall of Joplin, Mo., but moved to Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith Inc. in Rogers in 2001 as a financial adviser and syndicate coordinator. Three years later, he moved back to Peterson Farms, where he is now chief executive officer.
In 2005, Evans introduced a plan to boost production and make Peterson Farms more competitive in the poultry processing industry through automation
Evans is a member of the Northwest Arkansas Community Foundation advisory board, the National Chicken Council and the Arkansas Poultry Federation. Evans has been a member of the ANB Financial board since 2005. He has also volunteered with Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Tom Dalton of Innovate Arkansas: Funding for Early Stage Startups Has Increased
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 13 hours ago
- Maumelle Warehouse Attracts $11.2M Sale (Real Deals) 13 hours ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 13 hours ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 13 hours ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 13 hours ago