Chief Executive Officer
Peterson Farms Inc.
Blake EvansFor Blake Evans, change is “not necessarily a bad thing,” and it shows in the variety of experience he gained before settling at Peterson Farms Inc. of Decatur.
Evans -- grandson of Lloyd Peterson, founder and chairman of Peterson Farms -- navigated through internships with Peterson Farms, family-owned Decatur State Bank, Grand Federal Savings Bank of Decatur and ANB Financial of Rogers. In 1997, he became an assistant manager at The Spirits Shop in Fayetteville, where he worked until he received his business degree from the University of Arkansas in 1999.
In 2000, Evans became Internet and fleet sales coordinator of Continental Auto Mall of Joplin, Mo., but moved to Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith Inc. in Rogers in 2001 as a financial adviser and syndicate coordinator. Three years later, he moved back to Peterson Farms, where he is now chief executive officer.
In 2005, Evans introduced a plan to boost production and make Peterson Farms more competitive in the poultry processing industry through automation
Evans is a member of the Northwest Arkansas Community Foundation advisory board, the National Chicken Council and the Arkansas Poultry Federation. Evans has been a member of the ANB Financial board since 2005. He has also volunteered with Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Previously Withheld Clinton Records Go Public Today
- Wal-Mart Buys Yumprint of Seattle
- Commission Investigates Judge Mike Maggio's Web Postings 15 hours ago
- Mike Beebe Names 44 to Boards, Commissions 13 hours ago
- Jeff Rand Now in Federal Prison 1 year ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Wal-Mart Spends $230 Million on Mexican Bribery Investigation 9 months ago