Vice President and Branch Manager
Charles Schwab & Co.
David FernLouisianan David Fern fell in love with Arkansas during camping excursions with buddies from Centenary College in Shreveport.
“I wanted to live somewhere where it was down South and where it had some terrain,” he said.
After finishing law school at the University of Virginia in 1994, he tried unsuccessfully to land a job with a Little Rock law firm. Instead, he spent eight years in Memphis, first practicing law and then with a financial products company.
Fern, 38, finally got his chance to come to Little Rock in 2002 by hiring on with Charles Schwab & Co., where he was responsible for the Little Rock branch. Since then, his job has been expanded to include satellite offices in Bentonville and Shreveport.
“My primary function is the training and overseeing of our sales force, to help my team help our clients achieve the goal of becoming fiscally fit,” he said.
Fern was part of the 2006 class of Leadership Greater Little Rock and was an early member of the Arkansas Young Professionals Network. He serves on the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Council and on the board of the Arkansas Zoological Foundation.
His youthful fondness for Little Rock has bloomed into a desire to “have a healthy part in making it a good community for my kids to grow up in,” Fern said.
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- At Latest Summit, Wal-Mart Seeks More American-Made Goods 3 days ago
- Visa Countersues Wal-Mart in Dispute Over Debit Cards 19 hours ago
- Federal Reserve Approves 2 Bank of the Ozarks Acquisitions 2 days ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 4 days ago
- Nominate Now for Arkansas Business '20 in Their 20s' 3 days ago