Vice President and Branch Manager
Charles Schwab & Co.
David FernLouisianan David Fern fell in love with Arkansas during camping excursions with buddies from Centenary College in Shreveport.
“I wanted to live somewhere where it was down South and where it had some terrain,” he said.
After finishing law school at the University of Virginia in 1994, he tried unsuccessfully to land a job with a Little Rock law firm. Instead, he spent eight years in Memphis, first practicing law and then with a financial products company.
Fern, 38, finally got his chance to come to Little Rock in 2002 by hiring on with Charles Schwab & Co., where he was responsible for the Little Rock branch. Since then, his job has been expanded to include satellite offices in Bentonville and Shreveport.
“My primary function is the training and overseeing of our sales force, to help my team help our clients achieve the goal of becoming fiscally fit,” he said.
Fern was part of the 2006 class of Leadership Greater Little Rock and was an early member of the Arkansas Young Professionals Network. He serves on the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Council and on the board of the Arkansas Zoological Foundation.
His youthful fondness for Little Rock has bloomed into a desire to “have a healthy part in making it a good community for my kids to grow up in,” Fern said.
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Nucor to Announce 'Significant' Investment in Mississippi County
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Update: Tyson Foods to Put 300 Workers in Downtown Springdale 5 hours ago
- John Selig to Step Down from DHS at Year's End 8 hours ago
- Outlets of Little Rock Nears Opening, Announces 14 More Retailers 1 day ago
- Steve Parks Sentenced to 27 Months for Tax Credit Fraud 1 day ago
- Acxiom Confirms Layoffs in Little Rock, Conway 1 day ago