Hudson Cisne & Co. LLP
Karen GarrettKaren Garrett, 34, knew for certain that she wanted to be an accountant early on. “I chose accounting from day one and have enjoyed it ever since. ... It’s been very rewarding,” Garrett said.
After working as staff accountant for a couple of years after college, Garrett found her home at Hudson Cisne & Co. of Little Rock in 1996. Nine years later, the firm elected her a partner.
She’s in charge of recruiting, hiring, staff development and terminations and works with clients on audits, tax returns and employee benefit plans. She implemented an employee mentor program.
Garrett also serves on the associate committee of the Associated General Contractors of America and is a member of the Leadership Greater Little Rock class of 2003-04. She serves on the accounting advisory boards of the University of Central Arkansas at Conway and the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
She volunteered at Toad Suck Daze and the Susan G. Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure and is a member of the Centennial Valley Ladies Golf Association.
Garrett’s personal philosophy leaves no room for apathy: “Work hard. Play hard.”
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Chambers Bank Lands $2 Million Golden Judgment 5 days ago
- More Time Given for Medical Marijuana Petitions 2 days ago
- US Regulators: Still Heavy Risk in Big Bank Loans 19 hours ago
- Johnny Allison Plays Market for Gains After Brexit 'Bank Sale' 5 days ago
- Home Ownership Down, Renting Up in Central Arkansas 2 days ago