Hudson Cisne & Co. LLP
Karen GarrettKaren Garrett, 34, knew for certain that she wanted to be an accountant early on. “I chose accounting from day one and have enjoyed it ever since. ... It’s been very rewarding,” Garrett said.
After working as staff accountant for a couple of years after college, Garrett found her home at Hudson Cisne & Co. of Little Rock in 1996. Nine years later, the firm elected her a partner.
She’s in charge of recruiting, hiring, staff development and terminations and works with clients on audits, tax returns and employee benefit plans. She implemented an employee mentor program.
Garrett also serves on the associate committee of the Associated General Contractors of America and is a member of the Leadership Greater Little Rock class of 2003-04. She serves on the accounting advisory boards of the University of Central Arkansas at Conway and the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
She volunteered at Toad Suck Daze and the Susan G. Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure and is a member of the Centennial Valley Ladies Golf Association.
Garrett’s personal philosophy leaves no room for apathy: “Work hard. Play hard.”
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Murphy Chief Roger Jenkins' Pay for 2016 Falls 40 Percent 3 days ago
- CARTI Reports Bigger Loss Than Expected 7 days ago
- Lawsuit, Liens Hit Scott Reed's Main Street Projects 2 years ago
- The Influencers: Darrin Williams of Southern Bancorp 7 days ago
- Southern Bancorp to Buy Farmers Bank of Hamburg 2 months ago