Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Sharilyn GasawayAfter familiarizing herself with the financial nuts and bolts of Alltel Corp. as an auditor with Arthur Anderson LLP of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Sharilyn Gasaway went to work for her former client in 1999, the beginning of an intense time for the Little Rock-based telecom.
She took over as corporate controller in 2002, just in time to help bring the company into compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Gasaway said that early in the process, CEO Scott Ford dropped into her office to demonstrate the gravity of this undertaking. He showed her a picture of his three sons and reminded her that he could land in prison for certifying the financial filings she helped craft should they prove inaccurate.
Gasaway, 38, rose to her current role as CFO in January 2006 as Alltel began carving itself into two separate public companies: the pure wireless carrier it is today and Windstream, formed from Alltel’s wireline division. It was Gasaway’s job to make sure the splitting of the company’s assets and debt went smoothly.
Today, as Alltel’s highest ranking female executive, Gasaway commands a nearly 400-person division responsible for the company’s entire budget — about $8 billion in annual revenue.
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Governor Signs Pharmacy Benefit Manager Bill into Law 3 days ago
- Pay for Murphy USA CEO Andrew Clyde Slips to $5.8M 2 days ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Wants Name Change: Bank OZK 3 days ago
- Stock Awards Boost Comp for Simmons First Executives 3 days ago
- George Gleason Pay Rises to $6.9M 2 days ago