Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Vice President of Customer Development
Tyson Foods Inc.
Dustie JenkinsWith Dustie Jenkins’ natural sense of competition, a career in sales turned out to be a winner.
“My competitive nature won’t allow me to get beat, so I always think in terms of second place is the first loser,” Jenkins said.
Jenkins, 38, began his career as operations supervisor for Roadway Package Systems Inc. of Austin, Texas. He later returned to northwest Arkansas to become sales manager of J.B. Hunt Transport Inc. in the special commodities division. Jenkins left a year and a half after the merger with Tri-State Expedited Service Inc. to become divisional sales manager at Rineco Chemical Industries Inc.
In 2000, he moved to Tyson Foods Inc., where he started as the national sales representative on the Sam’s Club account. He is now vice president of customer development for the team that handles the Kroger account. He has won the Salesman of the Year award twice.
Jenkins finds time to participate in his community and is a board member of the Springdale Chamber of Commerce.
Although Jenkins is competitive, his approach to service supersedes his ambition. Jenkins said that he likes to think in terms of “sacrifice and service versus significance and success.”
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 10 months ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 2 years ago
- Moses Tucker Real Estate Looks to Next Generation, Plans for Future 2 days ago
- Proposal Filed To End Arkansas' Private Option Compromise Medicaid Plan 2 days ago
- Arkansas Education Board to Consider Takeover of Little Rock Schools 3 hours ago