Vice President of Customer Development
Tyson Foods Inc.
Dustie JenkinsWith Dustie Jenkins’ natural sense of competition, a career in sales turned out to be a winner.
“My competitive nature won’t allow me to get beat, so I always think in terms of second place is the first loser,” Jenkins said.
Jenkins, 38, began his career as operations supervisor for Roadway Package Systems Inc. of Austin, Texas. He later returned to northwest Arkansas to become sales manager of J.B. Hunt Transport Inc. in the special commodities division. Jenkins left a year and a half after the merger with Tri-State Expedited Service Inc. to become divisional sales manager at Rineco Chemical Industries Inc.
In 2000, he moved to Tyson Foods Inc., where he started as the national sales representative on the Sam’s Club account. He is now vice president of customer development for the team that handles the Kroger account. He has won the Salesman of the Year award twice.
Jenkins finds time to participate in his community and is a board member of the Springdale Chamber of Commerce.
Although Jenkins is competitive, his approach to service supersedes his ambition. Jenkins said that he likes to think in terms of “sacrifice and service versus significance and success.”
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Simmons First Eyes Downtown Acxiom Building in Little Rock 2 days ago
- Are 401(k) Costs Fair? Firms Can Analyze Fees 2 days ago
- Simmons, Home BancShares Set To Vault Into $10B Club 2 days ago
- State Chamber Drafting Bill to Clarify Marijuana Law for Employers 1 day ago
- John Goodson To Defend Himself at Circuit Court of Appeals 2 days ago