Vice President of Customer Development
Tyson Foods Inc.
Dustie JenkinsWith Dustie Jenkins’ natural sense of competition, a career in sales turned out to be a winner.
“My competitive nature won’t allow me to get beat, so I always think in terms of second place is the first loser,” Jenkins said.
Jenkins, 38, began his career as operations supervisor for Roadway Package Systems Inc. of Austin, Texas. He later returned to northwest Arkansas to become sales manager of J.B. Hunt Transport Inc. in the special commodities division. Jenkins left a year and a half after the merger with Tri-State Expedited Service Inc. to become divisional sales manager at Rineco Chemical Industries Inc.
In 2000, he moved to Tyson Foods Inc., where he started as the national sales representative on the Sam’s Club account. He is now vice president of customer development for the team that handles the Kroger account. He has won the Salesman of the Year award twice.
Jenkins finds time to participate in his community and is a board member of the Springdale Chamber of Commerce.
Although Jenkins is competitive, his approach to service supersedes his ambition. Jenkins said that he likes to think in terms of “sacrifice and service versus significance and success.”
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Acxiom Asks Gov. Hutchinson to Veto HB1228 4 hours ago
- Jonesboro Developer Bruce Burrow's Pyrrhic Victory 21 hours ago
- #HB1228 Advances to House, Could Come Up Tuesday 10 hours ago
- Return on Equity: Top 14 Performers Dot Arkansas 21 hours ago
- #HB1228 Tests LGBT Economic Argument (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 1 day ago