Vice President of Customer Development
Tyson Foods Inc.
Dustie JenkinsWith Dustie Jenkins’ natural sense of competition, a career in sales turned out to be a winner.
“My competitive nature won’t allow me to get beat, so I always think in terms of second place is the first loser,” Jenkins said.
Jenkins, 38, began his career as operations supervisor for Roadway Package Systems Inc. of Austin, Texas. He later returned to northwest Arkansas to become sales manager of J.B. Hunt Transport Inc. in the special commodities division. Jenkins left a year and a half after the merger with Tri-State Expedited Service Inc. to become divisional sales manager at Rineco Chemical Industries Inc.
In 2000, he moved to Tyson Foods Inc., where he started as the national sales representative on the Sam’s Club account. He is now vice president of customer development for the team that handles the Kroger account. He has won the Salesman of the Year award twice.
Jenkins finds time to participate in his community and is a board member of the Springdale Chamber of Commerce.
Although Jenkins is competitive, his approach to service supersedes his ambition. Jenkins said that he likes to think in terms of “sacrifice and service versus significance and success.”
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- PACE Financing Allows Aldersgate Apartments To Put Costs on Tax Bill 1 day ago
- Donna Smith Galchus of CGWG Dies 23 hours ago
- Tally of Largest Commercial Building Projects in Arkansas Hits $2.4 Billion 1 day ago
- Tyson Foods Launches $150M Venture Capital Fund 22 hours ago
- Stone House Drops Stock in USA Truck 1 week ago