Senior Vice President of Client Services and Business Development
Simmons First Bank
Jerry MorganJerry Morgan is a throwback to an earlier era: He’s still working for the company that hired him straight out of Arkansas State University at Jonesboro back in 1992.
The Harrisburg native was planning to attend graduate school when Don Stone asked him to join Simmons First Bank of Jonesboro as a commercial loan officer. Nine years later, during which time Morgan did earn an MBA from ASU, J. Thomas May, CEO of Simmons First National Corp. of Pine Bluff, asked him to become senior credit officer at Simmons First Bank of Searcy.
The Searcy bank’s net income grew an average of more than 20 percent each of the five years Morgan was there, and Searcy was his son’s first home.
“We loved it in Searcy,” Morgan, 37, said, “but a church trip to Peru at this time last year put things in perspective, and we realized we wanted to get back closer to family with the little one.”
The company found a way for him to return to Jonesboro in April: A new position charged with cross-selling services to existing customers “to get them more entrenched with Simmons and make it harder to switch.”
A Paul Harris Fellow at the Jonesboro Rotary Club, Morgan helped found the White County Community Foundation and is now on the board of the Craighead County Community Foundation.
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Wal-Mart Asks Suppliers for Lower Prices, Fewer Ads
- Northwest Arkansas Transforming Into a Tech Hub 2 days ago
- Cable TV Adapting To New Realities 2 days ago
- Diane Gilleland on the 'Dramatic Change' of a Diverse Board of Directors 23 hours ago
- Former Hogs QB Clint Stoerner Tangles with Former Business Partners 2 days ago
- Beer Wholesale Companies Consolidate to Form O'Connor Distributing 2 days ago