Senior Vice President of Client Services and Business Development
Simmons First Bank
Jerry MorganJerry Morgan is a throwback to an earlier era: He’s still working for the company that hired him straight out of Arkansas State University at Jonesboro back in 1992.
The Harrisburg native was planning to attend graduate school when Don Stone asked him to join Simmons First Bank of Jonesboro as a commercial loan officer. Nine years later, during which time Morgan did earn an MBA from ASU, J. Thomas May, CEO of Simmons First National Corp. of Pine Bluff, asked him to become senior credit officer at Simmons First Bank of Searcy.
The Searcy bank’s net income grew an average of more than 20 percent each of the five years Morgan was there, and Searcy was his son’s first home.
“We loved it in Searcy,” Morgan, 37, said, “but a church trip to Peru at this time last year put things in perspective, and we realized we wanted to get back closer to family with the little one.”
The company found a way for him to return to Jonesboro in April: A new position charged with cross-selling services to existing customers “to get them more entrenched with Simmons and make it harder to switch.”
A Paul Harris Fellow at the Jonesboro Rotary Club, Morgan helped found the White County Community Foundation and is now on the board of the Craighead County Community Foundation.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Bank of the Ozarks Formally Announces New Headquarters 20 hours ago
- Colliers International Arkansas Merges with Irwin Partners 18 hours ago
- USA Truck Names Harris VP of Maintenance 17 hours ago
- Dillard's Dividend Increase Raises Questions 2 days ago
- Amtran Site Sold in Conway; Saltgrass Steak House Sale Finalized 2 days ago