Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Rodney ParksRodney O. Parks has worked in financial services for 18 years, the last four of those with Merrill Lynch.
There he completed Merrill Lynch’s Path of Achievement, which required his raising $15 million or more in assets in two years. Asked if that wasn’t pretty rigorous, Parks was quick to share the credit: “Yes. Ask my wife. She bore the brunt of that.”
Parks, whose hometown is Russellville, also has a certificate of achievement in public plan policy/employee pensions from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.
He cites the words of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. as an inspiration: “Anyone can be great because anyone can serve.”
Serve he has and does. Parks is a former trustee of the Arkansas District Judges Retirement System, former president of the Arkansas Tech University Alumni Association, a member of the Arkansas Black Hall of Fame Foundation, the University of Arkansas Sam M. Walton College of Business advisory board and the first class of Leadership Arkansas and a former adjunct professor at Pulaski Technical College.
Parks said his work and service has to do with ”having respect for the people and institutions that come before you and finding a way to build upon them. Lay your brick on the foundation.”
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 8 hours ago
- Three Tech Firms Moving to Downtown Conway, Plan to Hire 140 4 hours ago
- State Board Votes to Take Over Little Rock School District 7 hours ago
- Senate Votes to Continue 'Private Option,' Form Task Force 4 hours ago
- Ross Cranford on the Current 'Revolutionary' Climate in Advertising & Marketing 4 days ago