Director of Public Affairs
Blake RutherfordFresh from his graduation from Little Rock Central High School in 1996, Blake Rutherford didn’t waste any time getting involved in politics.
He went to work on the Clinton-Gore presidential campaign and later became the deputy director of the Arkansas political desk for the 53rd Presidential Inaugural, handling ticketing and political affairs.
By 1997, Rutherford had co-founded Oleet & Rutherford LLC, a political consulting firm. In between, he managed to graduate from Middlebury College in Middlebury, Vt., in 2000 and earn a law degree from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 2003.
Rutherford, son of James L. “Skip” Rutherford, dean of the Clinton School of Public Service, joined Wright Lindsey & Jennings LLP in 2003, serving as local counsel to the Gen. Wesley Clark for President Campaign, the William J. Clinton Foundation and the Democratic Party of Arkansas.
He joined the Stone Ward advertising and public relations firm in September 2006 as director of public affairs.
Rutherford is on the boards of the Little Rock Public Education Foundation, the Weekend Theatre and the Arkansas Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. He is a member of the Central High School 50th Anniversary Commission and founded Movies in the Park, a free outdoor film series at the River Market in downtown Little Rock.
- UCA Narrows President Applicants to 8
- Asa Hutchinson Weighs In On Trump Comments
- Waltons Among Forbes' Top 20 Richest
- Allied Auction Saw More Banks Bid; Chambers Garnishes Golden's Last Paycheck 1 day ago
- $2.8 Million Transaction Visits LR's Legacy Hotel (Real Deals) 1 day ago
- No Surprise: Higher Pay Helps Attract, Retain Employees 1 day ago
- Eldridge Aims to Unseat Boozman in Arkansas US Senate Race 19 hours ago
- Dozen Lawyers File Appeal in Holmes Sanction 1 day ago