Director of Excess Land Disposition and Development
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Latriece WatkinsLatriece Watkins, 32, laid the groundwork for her career in real estate by clerking with Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville during her second year in law school. She has been with the company ever since.
She began as real estate entity integrity manager and then progressed to senior manager for lease administration. She continued to ascend — to director of realty transactions, director of asset management and finally to her current position as director of excess land disposition and development.
Watkins is chair of an African-American resource group known as UNITY. She is a board member of the Ozark Natural Science Center and a member of Delta Sigma Theta. She also was corporate chair for the Northwest Arkansas Heart Walk.
Watkins has received the Distinguished African-American Woman of Achievement award from the Women’s Resource Council of Wal-Mart. In 2006, she received the Katherine Chambers Counce Women’s Legacy Award for her “dedication demonstrating a passion for the American Heart Association and our life-saving mission,” said Jo Speitel of the AHA.
Watkins’ philosophy is one of production rather than progression: “Focus on the work and not on the promotion.”
- Little Rock Marriott Caps $16M Renovations with Relaunch Party
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Little Rock Marriott Caps $16M Renovations with Relaunch Party 22 hours ago
- County Clerk Cancels Leslie Rutledge's Voter Registration 13 hours ago
- Frost Acquires Phoenix Accounting Firm 17 hours ago
- Mike Beebe Makes 28 Appointments to Arkansas Boards, Commissions 21 hours ago