Director of Excess Land Disposition and Development
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Latriece WatkinsLatriece Watkins, 32, laid the groundwork for her career in real estate by clerking with Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville during her second year in law school. She has been with the company ever since.
She began as real estate entity integrity manager and then progressed to senior manager for lease administration. She continued to ascend — to director of realty transactions, director of asset management and finally to her current position as director of excess land disposition and development.
Watkins is chair of an African-American resource group known as UNITY. She is a board member of the Ozark Natural Science Center and a member of Delta Sigma Theta. She also was corporate chair for the Northwest Arkansas Heart Walk.
Watkins has received the Distinguished African-American Woman of Achievement award from the Women’s Resource Council of Wal-Mart. In 2006, she received the Katherine Chambers Counce Women’s Legacy Award for her “dedication demonstrating a passion for the American Heart Association and our life-saving mission,” said Jo Speitel of the AHA.
Watkins’ philosophy is one of production rather than progression: “Focus on the work and not on the promotion.”
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Dromborg Castle in Fayetteville for Sale — for $9.7M 10 hours ago
- Farmland Produces $4.5M Transaction (Real Deals) 10 hours ago
- After Boom in Shale, Arkansas Gas Industry Faces Halt in Drilling 10 hours ago
- KARN Reporter Donna Kelley Dies at 66 2 hours ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 10 hours ago