Director of Excess Land Disposition and Development
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Latriece WatkinsLatriece Watkins, 32, laid the groundwork for her career in real estate by clerking with Wal-Mart Stores Inc. of Bentonville during her second year in law school. She has been with the company ever since.
She began as real estate entity integrity manager and then progressed to senior manager for lease administration. She continued to ascend — to director of realty transactions, director of asset management and finally to her current position as director of excess land disposition and development.
Watkins is chair of an African-American resource group known as UNITY. She is a board member of the Ozark Natural Science Center and a member of Delta Sigma Theta. She also was corporate chair for the Northwest Arkansas Heart Walk.
Watkins has received the Distinguished African-American Woman of Achievement award from the Women’s Resource Council of Wal-Mart. In 2006, she received the Katherine Chambers Counce Women’s Legacy Award for her “dedication demonstrating a passion for the American Heart Association and our life-saving mission,” said Jo Speitel of the AHA.
Watkins’ philosophy is one of production rather than progression: “Focus on the work and not on the promotion.”
- Duncan Mac Naughton Out as Wal-Mart Chief Merchandising Officer
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Joe Thompson To Leave Surgeon General Post; John Selig Asked to Stay at DHS 3 days ago
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List 4 days ago
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 5 days ago
- Blue & You Foundation Gives $2.6M in Grants 4 days ago