Anna Kay Frueauff
Vice President of Communications and Programs
Charles A. Frueauff Foundation
Anna Kay Frueauff
Anna Kay Frueauff has worked full time for the Charles A. Frueauff Foundation since 2003, but she has been involved with it for many years, doing everything from creating and managing the foundation’s Web site to overseeing grants review and management.
In 2006, the foundation, Arkansas’ fourth-largest private foundation, awarded more than $5 million to 158 nonprofit organizations and institutions in 28 states in the areas of social services, higher education, health and hospitals.
Frueauff, 37, is co-founder and executive director of the Little Rock Mayor’s Youth Council and co-founder and executive director of Arkansas Partners for Educational Excellence. But Frueauff’s two young sons are particularly proud that their mother bore the 2004 Olympic torch when it came through Little Rock.
Of her work, Frueauff, whose great-great uncle began the foundation, said: “For me it’s not a job; it’s a huge part of my life and my family. I watched my mom serve the community and lead by example, and I just think that’s my responsibility to do for my boys, to be an example for them.
“Regardless of where their path ends up, in some form or fashion they’ll continue this tradition or legacy of giving back and thinking of others.”
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Don Soderquist, Former Wal-Mart COO, Dies at 82 2 days ago
- Arkansas Democrats Try Balancing Act for Future (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 8 hours ago
- Baldwin & Shell Promote Pair to VP Positions (Movers & Shakers) 2 weeks ago
- Hugg & Hall Purchases RPM Services & Rentals of Louisiana 3 days ago
- Westrock Coffee Partners With P. Allen Smith, Razorbacks 5 days ago