President and CEO
Arkansas Community Foundation Inc.
Heather EasonIn 1998, Heather Larkin Eason had no idea what the Arkansas Community Foundation was. She had worked at Ernst & Young LLP as a CPA and then entered the William H. Bowen School of Law at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock to become a tax attorney. Law degree in hand, she checked out a job opening she had heard about at the Arkansas Community Foundation. "I got hooked," Eason said. ARCF encourages philanthropy throughout Arkansas and awards grants to other nonprofits. In January, Eason succeeded the legendary Pat Lile as president and CEO of the nonprofit, which has a $1 million annual budget and $136 million in assets. It also has 26 offices across the state. Eason, 37, lives by her philosophy. "Work hard at a job you love, take pride in a job well done, and the rest will take care of itself," she said. In 2005, she was one of five Americans to be selected as a Transatlantic Community Foundation Fellow. She also is a graduate of the Greater Little Rock Leadership Program and the Leadership Arkansas Program. Eason is president of Arkansas Women Executives and a past president of the Arkansas Council of the National Committee on Planned Giving. A standout in cross-country track and basketball, the Charleston native was inducted into the Hendrix College Sports Hall of Honor in 2007.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Donna Smith Galchus of CGW&G Dies 12 hours ago
- PACE Financing Allows Aldersgate Apartments To Put Costs on Tax Bill 24 hours ago
- Rickenbach To Offer Low Risk Status for No Prison at Wednesday Sentencing 24 hours ago
- Chapel Ridge Complex Houses $8M Transaction (Real Deals) 24 hours ago
- Tally of Largest Commercial Building Projects in Arkansas Hits $2.4 Billion 24 hours ago