Advanced Cabling Systems Inc.
North Little Rock
Michael KennedyMichael Kennedy, 36, considers himself fortunate to be able use his competitive nature to his business' benefit. As president of Advanced Cabling Systems Inc. of North Little Rock since 1999, Kennedy has expanded the building technology integration company from six employees and annual revenue of $500,000 to 52 employees with projected revenue of $7 million for 2008. Before moving to Arkansas, Kennedy worked as a lead hardware engineer in Huntsville, Ala., for the U.S. Army National Missile Defense Program, focusing primarily on the development of communications systems for the Department of Defense. As a current board member of Our House, a Little Rock shelter for the working homeless, and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Family Home, a facility for cancer patients and parents of premature infants, Kennedy serves his community as avidly as he served his country. He is also a past member of the Centers for Youth & Families Corporate Board. Kennedy said his success stems from a tenacious work ethic. "Nothing replaces hard work," he said. "I'm not the smartest guy around, but you'd be hard pressed to out-work me."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Game Plan Unaltered in Conway's Shoppes at Central Landing Project 6 days ago
- Presqu'ile Winery a Nod to Way of Life for Murphys 6 days ago
- Political Strategist Noelle Nikpours' Racy Website Replaced 10 years ago
- $1.6M Deal Tops Recent Real Estate Transactions 3 days ago
- What the FCC Rollback of 'Net Neutrality' Means to You 2 days ago