Joe Clay Young IV
President and CEO/First VP
Young Investment Co./Wachovia Securities, Jonesboro
Joe Clay Young IVJoe Clay Young IV, 37, loves old, historic buildings. That love has guided his career and propelled him into founding his own investment company; he essentially works two full-time jobs. As chief of Young Investment, Young has worked to redevelop downtown Jonesboro, one old building at a time, starting with a historic hardware store. "I bought 27 buildings in nine months. And then I just started systematically and methodically renovating them, putting loft apartment upstairs and commercial, retail and restaurants and office space in the downstairs." "I don't really think of it as doing it for myself," Young said. "I think of doing it for the community and for everybody to get to enjoy seeing something being transformed into what it looked like back in 1887." Young said he has had lots of help. "Everything I've done has been because of a great staff at Young Investment Co. believing in the vision." But he's proud he took the risk to help resurrect downtown. Young helps the community in other ways, serving on various boards. After leaving his native Jonesboro for a time, Young realized on returning that "you make your own happiness no matter where you are. ... If you don't like something, either accept it or get out and change it."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Stone Ward's Danny Koteras Reviews Super Bowl Ads
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 2 days ago
- Book Excerpt: Charles Morgan on Jeff Ubben, Acxiom's Battle With ValueAct 11 hours ago
- Cameron Smith, Karen Fetzer Named Top Executives at Arkansas Business of the Year Awards 15 hours ago
- No Thanks! Companies Reject 'Shark Tank' Deals, Still Thrive 1 day ago
- Baptist Health-NLR Agrees to $2.7 Million Settlement for Medicare 'False Claims' 4 hours ago