Joe Clay Young IV
President and CEO/First VP
Young Investment Co./Wachovia Securities, Jonesboro
Joe Clay Young IVJoe Clay Young IV, 37, loves old, historic buildings. That love has guided his career and propelled him into founding his own investment company; he essentially works two full-time jobs. As chief of Young Investment, Young has worked to redevelop downtown Jonesboro, one old building at a time, starting with a historic hardware store. "I bought 27 buildings in nine months. And then I just started systematically and methodically renovating them, putting loft apartment upstairs and commercial, retail and restaurants and office space in the downstairs." "I don't really think of it as doing it for myself," Young said. "I think of doing it for the community and for everybody to get to enjoy seeing something being transformed into what it looked like back in 1887." Young said he has had lots of help. "Everything I've done has been because of a great staff at Young Investment Co. believing in the vision." But he's proud he took the risk to help resurrect downtown. Young helps the community in other ways, serving on various boards. After leaving his native Jonesboro for a time, Young realized on returning that "you make your own happiness no matter where you are. ... If you don't like something, either accept it or get out and change it."
- See the Trailer for 'Antiquities,' A Film Shot in Arkansas
- Video: Watch the Walmart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- The Hub Featured in PBS' 'NewsHour'
- Landreaux Named 1st Woman to Lead Entergy Arkansas; Riley Goes to New Orleans 15 hours ago
- First Security Fights 'Warehouse Sale' of Lauren James 1 day ago
- Duke Replaces Duke at Capital Bank 1 day ago
- Bailey-Led BSR REIT Goes Public Via Toronto 1 day ago
- Taylor & Taylor Sues a Rival: Taylor & Taylor 1 day ago