Missy McJunkins Duke
Cross Gunter Witherspoon & Galchus PC
Missy McJunkins DukeHer small-town childhood made a big impression on Missy Duke, one that influences her actions today. Growing up in Mineral Springs (Howard County), Duke was surrounded by supportive people, groups and institutions: her parents, community, church and teachers. “I thought that everybody had that,” said Duke. “And now I’m very well aware that not all kids have that.”
After graduating from Harding University in Searcy, she attended the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law School, now the Bowen School of Law, where she served on the editorial board of the Law Review as articles editor and also served on the National Trial Competition Team.
Duke, who specializes in immigration and employment law at Cross Gunter Witherspoon & Galchus, has an impressive list of professional achievements. She was named a director of her firm at just 31. She was appointed by Gov. Mike Beebe to the Arkansas Advisory Committee to the United States Commission on Civil Rights. She’s been recognized by Best Lawyers in America and noted as a “Rising Star” by Mid-South Super Lawyers.
But Duke has also made helping children a priority. She has served or is serving on the boards of Arkansas Advocates for Children & Families and Arkansas Reach Out & Read and on the Arkansas Early Childhood Commission.
The saying “it takes a village” may be trite, Duke said, but it’s true. “Your village may be your church. It may be the people that you work with. It may be your immediate family or your neighbors, but all children deserve to have that kind of upbringing.”
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- At Latest Summit, Wal-Mart Seeks More American-Made Goods 3 days ago
- Visa Countersues Wal-Mart in Dispute Over Debit Cards 19 hours ago
- Federal Reserve Approves 2 Bank of the Ozarks Acquisitions 2 days ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 4 days ago
- Gene Whisenhunt Named President, CEO of Hickingbotham Investments 16 hours ago