Khayyam M. Eddings
Friday Eldredge & Clark LLP
Khayyam M. EddingsBefore he entered the Bowen School of Law, Khayyam Eddings was a substitute teacher in Atlanta, perhaps not surprising given that both his mother and wife are teachers. From that experience he learned that “nothing gives me more joy than to help a young person achieve their goals.”
Eddings continues his work with the young in the community service he performs: He sits on the boards of the Arkansas Schools for the Deaf & Blind, Arkansas Advocates for Children & Families and the Little Rock School District’s Volunteers in Public Schools. Eddings also is a member of the St. Vincent Foundation Board.
At the Friday firm, Eddings specializes in labor and employment law. He is a member of the American, Arkansas and Pulaski County Bar Associations, the W. Harold Flowers Law Society, the National Employment Law Council and the Judge William R. Overton American Inn of Court.
Eddings attended Morehouse College in Atlanta and was influenced by the words of Benjamin E. Mays, who led Morehouse when Dr. Martin Luther King attended. Mays said that “the tragedy in life lies not in not reaching your goals, but in having no goals to reach for,” Eddings said. “I took that to mean not failure but low aim. That goes hand in hand with what my parents taught me, which is to always do your very best and to always have a target in mind. I apply that not only in my professional life but also in my personal life.”
Arkansas Business Staff
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale 1 day ago
- Lottery Oversight Committee Votes 'Non Support' On Video Bets 18 hours ago
- A Wet State of Mind (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Judge Rules Martha Shoffner Corruption Conviction Will Stand 19 hours ago
- Three More Banks Sue Dennis Smiley Over Loans 2 days ago