Khayyam M. Eddings
Friday Eldredge & Clark LLP
Khayyam M. EddingsBefore he entered the Bowen School of Law, Khayyam Eddings was a substitute teacher in Atlanta, perhaps not surprising given that both his mother and wife are teachers. From that experience he learned that “nothing gives me more joy than to help a young person achieve their goals.”
Eddings continues his work with the young in the community service he performs: He sits on the boards of the Arkansas Schools for the Deaf & Blind, Arkansas Advocates for Children & Families and the Little Rock School District’s Volunteers in Public Schools. Eddings also is a member of the St. Vincent Foundation Board.
At the Friday firm, Eddings specializes in labor and employment law. He is a member of the American, Arkansas and Pulaski County Bar Associations, the W. Harold Flowers Law Society, the National Employment Law Council and the Judge William R. Overton American Inn of Court.
Eddings attended Morehouse College in Atlanta and was influenced by the words of Benjamin E. Mays, who led Morehouse when Dr. Martin Luther King attended. Mays said that “the tragedy in life lies not in not reaching your goals, but in having no goals to reach for,” Eddings said. “I took that to mean not failure but low aim. That goes hand in hand with what my parents taught me, which is to always do your very best and to always have a target in mind. I apply that not only in my professional life but also in my personal life.”
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- 20 in Their 20s: New Influentials of 2017 Take Courage, Drive and Heart to Every Corner of Arkansas 1 day ago
- Arkansas Heart Hospital Hires Chief Marketing Officer 1 day ago
- Justice Network Sues After Craighead County Cancels Contract 1 day ago
- Rock Bancshares Also On the Hook to Farmers & Merchants Bank 1 day ago
- Stretch, Little Rock, Stretch (Natalie Ghidotti Commentary) 1 day ago