Khayyam M. Eddings
Friday Eldredge & Clark LLP
Khayyam M. EddingsBefore he entered the Bowen School of Law, Khayyam Eddings was a substitute teacher in Atlanta, perhaps not surprising given that both his mother and wife are teachers. From that experience he learned that “nothing gives me more joy than to help a young person achieve their goals.”
Eddings continues his work with the young in the community service he performs: He sits on the boards of the Arkansas Schools for the Deaf & Blind, Arkansas Advocates for Children & Families and the Little Rock School District’s Volunteers in Public Schools. Eddings also is a member of the St. Vincent Foundation Board.
At the Friday firm, Eddings specializes in labor and employment law. He is a member of the American, Arkansas and Pulaski County Bar Associations, the W. Harold Flowers Law Society, the National Employment Law Council and the Judge William R. Overton American Inn of Court.
Eddings attended Morehouse College in Atlanta and was influenced by the words of Benjamin E. Mays, who led Morehouse when Dr. Martin Luther King attended. Mays said that “the tragedy in life lies not in not reaching your goals, but in having no goals to reach for,” Eddings said. “I took that to mean not failure but low aim. That goes hand in hand with what my parents taught me, which is to always do your very best and to always have a target in mind. I apply that not only in my professional life but also in my personal life.”
Arkansas Business Staff
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- The Home of Outrageous Service (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Mike Beebe Appoints 43 to State Boards, Commissions 1 day ago
- Arkansas Venture Center Names Operations Team 10 hours ago
- With Rollin' Smoke, Arkansas Natives Rock BBQ World in Las Vegas 3 days ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 3 days ago