Razorback Sports Properties
Ryan GribbleRyan Gribble was always a big sports fan and enjoyed participating in sports during his youth. He considered becoming a teaching pro while playing tennis in college but shifted his aim slightly.
“I thought the business of sports would be something that was very interesting,” said Gribble, who grew up in Little Rock and Jonesboro. That career path took him to Japan, Louisiana, back home to Arkansas, Chicago and back to Arkansas again.
Gribble went overseas after graduating in 1994 as a double major in advertising and marketing with an emphasis in Japanese at Westminster College in Fulton, Mo.
Through a college connection, he landed a job with the Hiroshima Carp professional baseball team and gained experience in the various departments of the organization. During his year in Japan, Gribble led the effort to establish an American-style mascot for the team that opened up new marketing opportunities for the team.
After a short stint in Louisiana with minor league baseball, Gribble was named vice president of sales for the Arkansas Riverblades in 1999 and Arkansas Twisters in 2000.
He joined the Chicago White Sox organization in 2001, contributing to some large marketing deals such as the 2003 naming rights deal for U.S. Cellular Field.
In August 2008, Gribble was hired by ISP Sports (now IMG College) to run Razorback Sports Properties, its franchise at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Metro Builders Property Weighs In at $3.8 Million (Real Deals) 2 days ago
- Queen Wilhelmina Lodge to Reopen in Spring 10 hours ago
- Scooter Stuart's Tainted Assets Draw More Fire 2 days ago
- Simmons First Completes Delta Trust Acquisition 13 hours ago
- Newly Insured 'Private Option' Arkansans Present Challenges, Opportunities 2 days ago