Sandstone Real Estate Group
Greg HuntA chance encounter while working at a dry cleaning business during college drew Greg Hunt to real estate. He kept Lanny Grissom’s business card but admits his advice went in one ear and out the other until he came across the card several months later.
Hunt joined Grissom’s residential realty firm in Conway in 2001 and graduated in 2003 from the University of Central Arkansas with his bachelor’s degree in mass communications.
“He saw something in me that I didn’t see in myself,” Hunt said of Grissom, who died in January 2004. “Ten years ago, he told me someday I might want to get my broker’s license and open my own business.
“I said, ‘Yeah, right’; I just want to sell some houses and make a little money.”
But in 2007, Hunt obtained his broker’s license and opened Sandstone Real Estate Group in November 2008.
The Lonoke native was hired to oversee the land assembly process for the northern expansion of Little Rock National Airport. That led to the firm expanding into commercial real estate work.
Hunt wants to share the torch of mentorship from Grissom that was so influential in his life.
His professional and civic resume includes certified real estate instructor for the National School of Real Estate, vice chairman of the Arkansas Minority Business Council, chairman of the Conway Minority Business Association, director at the Norman Education Fund of West Helena and member of the Conway 2025 Steering Committee.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Beer Tourism Contributing to Growth in Industry 3 days ago
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List 3 days ago
- Charles Morgan to Entrepreneurs: Surround Yourself with Good People 19 hours ago
- Mark Pryor Takes Job with Venable 2 days ago
- Yellow Rocket Partners Aim to Build Restaurant Brands 3 days ago