Flake & Kelley Commercial
James HarkinsJames Harkins remembers as a youngster being drawn to home magazines with pictures and prices of residential property. Looking back, he’s not even sure why.
“When I was probably 7, I knew I wanted to do something in real estate,” Harkins said. “I always was led to real estate.”
He later learned about commercial real estate, and the way was set for his career path. Today, his duties at Flake & Kelley Commercial include leasing office space at the state’s tallest building, Metropolitan Tower in downtown Little Rock.
He joined the firm in 2000 after a one-year stint with Little Rock’s Bailey Properties.
Harkins worked for six years with Flake & Kelley Commercial and John Flake in northwest Arkansas before returning to Little Rock.
He plied his trade at Henry Corp. and Hart Lazenby Commercial before rejoining Flake & Kelley in 2009.
Harkins attended Hendrix College in Conway before transferring to the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, graduating with a bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance and real estate in December 1998.
His community service resume includes the Arkansas Children’s Hospital Foundation Board, Make a Wish Foundation volunteer, Downtown Little Rock Rotary Foundation Board, Board of Directors for Serenity Park Rehabilitation Center and the UAMS Consortium.
Arkansas Business Staff
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Windstream Spinoff CS&L to Begin Trading on Monday 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Judge Tosses Wal-Mart Bribery Case 2 weeks ago
- Jerry Pavlas Named CEO of One Bank & Trust 2 years ago
- Oxane Materials Facing More Heat from Lawsuits 1 week ago