Arkansas State Bank Department
Susannah MarshallSusannah Marshall is a rarity: a bank regulator who didn't get lured away by a bank after a couple of years on the job.
Instead, she's been at the Arkansas State Bank Department since 1995 and has steadily worked her way up to deputy commissioner.
"I won't say I haven't been tempted, but I have never regretted staying with the agency," she said.
Marshall, a product of Newport, attended Hendrix College at Conway and then Arkansas State University at Jonesboro, working part time for the Worthen bank organization while earning an accounting degree in 1994.
By the time she joined the bank department the following spring, she had already worked part time for banks in Tuckerman, Newport and Jonesboro.
"I didn't wake up and think, 'I want to be a bank examiner.' But as I started at the agency and I started to work in the regulatory environment ... I realized the opportunity to help banks, to improve their condition, to help them operate in a safe and sound manner — there's a lot of satisfaction in that."
Marshall also finds satisfaction from serving on the board of directors of Trinity United Methodist Church's long-running Trinity Presents community outreach program.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- SIG Sauer Finalizes Plans to Move to Jacksonville 7 hours ago
- Designer Jamie Davidson's Strong Suit? Vision 3 days ago
- AEDC Opens Bids for Advertising Contracts 10 hours ago
- Ron Sherman Sets Guinness World Record for TV Commercials 1 day ago
- Former Arkansas Senator Reports to Prison for 18-Month Term 1 day ago