Arkansas State Bank Department
Susannah MarshallSusannah Marshall is a rarity: a bank regulator who didn't get lured away by a bank after a couple of years on the job.
Instead, she's been at the Arkansas State Bank Department since 1995 and has steadily worked her way up to deputy commissioner.
"I won't say I haven't been tempted, but I have never regretted staying with the agency," she said.
Marshall, a product of Newport, attended Hendrix College at Conway and then Arkansas State University at Jonesboro, working part time for the Worthen bank organization while earning an accounting degree in 1994.
By the time she joined the bank department the following spring, she had already worked part time for banks in Tuckerman, Newport and Jonesboro.
"I didn't wake up and think, 'I want to be a bank examiner.' But as I started at the agency and I started to work in the regulatory environment ... I realized the opportunity to help banks, to improve their condition, to help them operate in a safe and sound manner — there's a lot of satisfaction in that."
Marshall also finds satisfaction from serving on the board of directors of Trinity United Methodist Church's long-running Trinity Presents community outreach program.
Arkansas Business Staff
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- The Rep, Citing Low Ticket Sales, Charitable Giving, Will Suspend Operations 6 hours ago
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2017 2 days ago
- Nabholz Names Joint COOs, Remakes Company Structure 11 hours ago
- Two Banks Allege $2.4M in Fraud by Arkadelphia Insurance Agent Berry Bishop 10 hours ago
- First National Bank of Paragould to Buy One Bank & Trust 2 days ago