Business Communications Inc.
Blake DenisonAlthough Business Communications Inc. of Ridgeland, Miss., is a relative newcomer to Arkansas, Blake Denison is making sure that the IT services company will have a bright future in the state.
Denison graduated from Arkansas State University with a business degree and worked for 12 years at Alltel Corp. and its wireline descendent, Windstream Corp. In 2009, he started with BCI, where his territory now covers the entire state of Arkansas, as well as northern Mississippi and western Tennessee.
“We’ve already matched our production from last year in the first five months of this year,” Denison said. “We’ve had tremendous growth year over year. In the two and a half years I’ve been here, we’ve been able to hire a lot of good, talented people.”
Denison said making the right hiring decisions had been critical to BCI’s growth. He was the fifth BCI employee in Arkansas, and the company now employs 22 in the state.
BCI’s Arkansas team has been very active in the community, volunteering and sponsoring events at Camp Aldersgate, which gives children with disabilities and diseases the opportunity for outdoor fun and learning.
Denison has also volunteered with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce and will graduate June 30 from this year’s class of Leadership Greater Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Majestic Death Looms Over Spa City 2 days ago
- Arkansas Business Hall of Fame Inductees Announced 23 hours ago
- Carl Vogelpohl to Lead Tort Reform Effort 20 hours ago
- Builders Association Looks at House of Incarcerated Former EVP 2 days ago
- Bayou Meto Farmland Sold; LM Glasfiber Spends $8.3M on Construction 2 days ago