Sabrina NeKay Lewellen
Constituency Services and Research & Special Projects Manager
Sabrina NeKay LewellenSabrina Lewellen sometimes finds herself working at 3 a.m. That's a good thing for the Arkansas Senate, because she's been called the glue that holds that body together (and a high ROI for taxpayers as well).
Lewellen directs a staff of four Senate employees whose primary duties are helping senators with constituent concerns. When a senator has a problem, any problem, the senator calls Lewellen. According to the glowing recommendations of numerous senators, she delivers.
Lewellen graduated magna cum laude from Florida A&M University and received her J.D. from Vanderbilt in 2002. She joined the Senate in 2003 as an assistant information director and has been climbing the ladder ever since.
Lewellen is active with the National Conference of State Legislatures (and recognized by it as one of 10 emerging legislative staff leaders in the country), Junior League of Little Rock, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Girls & Boys State and the Girl Scouts.
Lewellen finds inspiration from her family, and credits her late parents for her success.
"My long-term plans include getting two more educational degrees before I turn 40 and exploring every personal and professional opportunity that comes my way," she said.
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- TV Host Matt Mosler Announces Departure from KARK 10 hours ago
- Our Community, Our Dollars Ends Efforts in Faulkner, Craighead Counties 1 day ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Acquires Intervest Bancshares Corp. In $228.5M Deal 13 hours ago
- Judge Rules Allens Inc. Must Pay $2M Claim 10 hours ago
- Agronomic Innovations Purchases AgRobotics of Little Rock 11 hours ago