Sabrina NeKay Lewellen
Constituency Services and Research & Special Projects Manager
Sabrina NeKay LewellenSabrina Lewellen sometimes finds herself working at 3 a.m. That's a good thing for the Arkansas Senate, because she's been called the glue that holds that body together (and a high ROI for taxpayers as well).
Lewellen directs a staff of four Senate employees whose primary duties are helping senators with constituent concerns. When a senator has a problem, any problem, the senator calls Lewellen. According to the glowing recommendations of numerous senators, she delivers.
Lewellen graduated magna cum laude from Florida A&M University and received her J.D. from Vanderbilt in 2002. She joined the Senate in 2003 as an assistant information director and has been climbing the ladder ever since.
Lewellen is active with the National Conference of State Legislatures (and recognized by it as one of 10 emerging legislative staff leaders in the country), Junior League of Little Rock, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Girls & Boys State and the Girl Scouts.
Lewellen finds inspiration from her family, and credits her late parents for her success.
"My long-term plans include getting two more educational degrees before I turn 40 and exploring every personal and professional opportunity that comes my way," she said.
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Little Rock Startup Launches RaftUp App 13 hours ago
- USA Truck to Pay Former Executive $630,000 1 day ago
- Court Upholds $3M Judgment Against Gerber Products Co. 13 hours ago
- SPONSORED: 3 Ways Wharton Business Scholars Challenge Retirement Thinking 2 days ago
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 4 days ago