Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Tim MillerTim Miller had already tasted success when he founded Sumotext, where he developed an SMS gateway and platform to control text-message marketing.
Founded in 2007, Sumotext, with 11 employees, supports more than 500 marketers, brands and agencies.
Fast-track success is nothing new to Miller, a former state track champion at Conway High School and member of the nationally prominent University of Arkansas men's track team. He got his degree at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and began his career as a systems engineer with EDS of Plano, Texas, working on the Arkansas Medicaid account.
Miller credits his experience at EDS with separating him from other "e-commerce kids." Before he left EDS, Miller led a large MCI-WorldCom implementation in Canada, and from there, he joined IBM in New York where he led a national project.
"I don't think the sun came out for two months," he said of his IBM days.
When asked for career advice, he said, "It's your employers' job to provide you a career path. As soon as you know the next year will look like the last, polish the resume and find some new challenges."
Miller said the best advice he'd ever received was consistent with his track background: "Keep moving. Don't be a target."
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- White County Woman Wins $1.25M Defamation Case Against Website 1 day ago
- Hutchinson: Keep Private Option Through 2016, Have Task Force Find Reforms 2 days ago
- Sherwood Walgreens Sells For $3.3 Million (Real Deals) 6 days ago
- Little Rock Port Authority Adopts Sustainability Resolution 2 days ago
- 16 Lawmakers, Surgeon General to Staff Medicaid Task Force 2 days ago