Tim MillerTim Miller had already tasted success when he founded Sumotext, where he developed an SMS gateway and platform to control text-message marketing.
Founded in 2007, Sumotext, with 11 employees, supports more than 500 marketers, brands and agencies.
Fast-track success is nothing new to Miller, a former state track champion at Conway High School and member of the nationally prominent University of Arkansas men's track team. He got his degree at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and began his career as a systems engineer with EDS of Plano, Texas, working on the Arkansas Medicaid account.
Miller credits his experience at EDS with separating him from other "e-commerce kids." Before he left EDS, Miller led a large MCI-WorldCom implementation in Canada, and from there, he joined IBM in New York where he led a national project.
"I don't think the sun came out for two months," he said of his IBM days.
When asked for career advice, he said, "It's your employers' job to provide you a career path. As soon as you know the next year will look like the last, polish the resume and find some new challenges."
Miller said the best advice he'd ever received was consistent with his track background: "Keep moving. Don't be a target."
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- The Rep, Citing Low Ticket Sales, Charitable Giving, Will Suspend Operations 19 hours ago
- Nabholz Names Joint COOs, Remakes Company Structure 1 day ago
- Two Banks Allege $2.4M in Fraud by Arkadelphia Insurance Agent Berry Bishop 24 hours ago
- Debt Discharged for Lex and Ellen Golden 2 days ago
- Arkansas Condo Developers Find Feet in Niche Market 2 days ago