Tim MillerTim Miller had already tasted success when he founded Sumotext, where he developed an SMS gateway and platform to control text-message marketing.
Founded in 2007, Sumotext, with 11 employees, supports more than 500 marketers, brands and agencies.
Fast-track success is nothing new to Miller, a former state track champion at Conway High School and member of the nationally prominent University of Arkansas men's track team. He got his degree at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and began his career as a systems engineer with EDS of Plano, Texas, working on the Arkansas Medicaid account.
Miller credits his experience at EDS with separating him from other "e-commerce kids." Before he left EDS, Miller led a large MCI-WorldCom implementation in Canada, and from there, he joined IBM in New York where he led a national project.
"I don't think the sun came out for two months," he said of his IBM days.
When asked for career advice, he said, "It's your employers' job to provide you a career path. As soon as you know the next year will look like the last, polish the resume and find some new challenges."
Miller said the best advice he'd ever received was consistent with his track background: "Keep moving. Don't be a target."
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Stone Ward's Danny Koteras Reviews Super Bowl Ads
- Outlets at Little Rock to Mark Grand Opening on Oct. 16 4 days ago
- What's It Worth to You? (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 7 days ago
- Update: Baptist Health-NLR Agrees to $2.7 Million Settlement for Medicare Billing Dispute 2 days ago
- Centennial Bank Acquires Florida Branches in FDIC-Assisted Deal 2 days ago
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 4 days ago