Wood Smith Schnipper Clay & Vines
John VinesGrowing up on a family farm in eastern Arkansas gave John Vines an appreciation of the merits of being a small-business owner.
“I saw what Dad had to do growing up, not just the sheer labor of it, but the marketing, the selling and business end of it that gets lost in the shuffle,” Vines said. “Those guys are all businessmen out there.”
Vines earned a Bachelor of Science in business administration from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 1996. He then decided to stay in Fayetteville for three more years and earn a Juris Doctorate.
In 1999, Vines moved to Hot Springs and joined Wood Smith Schnipper Clay & Vines, where he is now a partner.
Last year, Vines was elected state representative for District 25. In the 88th General Assembly, Vines served on the Judiciary, State Agencies & Governmental Affairs, and House Rules committees.
From 2002 to 2008, Vines was on the board of the Greater Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce; he was chairman of the chamber in 2007. Vines also serves on the boards of the Arkansas Bar Association, the Hot Springs Boys & Girls Club, the Oaklawn Foundation and the National Park Community College Foundation, which he chaired from 2007 to 2010.
Vines has also been active with the Hot Springs National Park Rotary Club, Habitat for Humanity Garland County and Leadership Hot Springs. From 2006 to 2009, he served as a small claims magistrate for Hot Springs District
Arkansas Business Staff
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Home BancShares Eyes Another Florida Bank, Expects More Acquisitions 14 hours ago
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 9 months ago
- Shoe Company Munro Laying Off 56 in Hot Springs 15 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Jumps Into the Money Transfer Business, Loudly 11 hours ago
- Attorney General Rejects Wording of Proposal to Make Alcohol Sales Legal Througout Arkansas 11 hours ago