Director Wal-Mart International, Emerging Formats, Multi-Channel
Clint LazenbyAfter growing up in Springdale, Clint Lazenby graduated from the University of Arkansas with a degree in international economics. It was during his time there that he first traveled abroad, visiting the U.K. for the summer.
Now, as the director of Wal-Mart International for ConAgra foods, Lazenby travels a lot. He guesses that he spends "probably 10 days a month out of the country."
Through his trips he has developed a philosophy that applies to his everyday work. "There's a lot of value in knowing people," he said. "In international, it's really about the person. Do they trust you as a human being?"
His job is "relationship management. It's understanding who the right players are, who is crafting the vision on Wal-Mart's side of it and ensuring that ConAgra Foods is on the right side."
His focus on people has carried over into his community work; Lazenby is involved with the Walton Arts Center, and serves on the center's corporate leadership council.
He is also taking on new challenges at work. Earlier this year he was asked to take responsibility for emerging formats and e-commerce within the country.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Rejecting Amazon, Little Rock Launches New Campaign 2 days ago
- City Mayor Among Group Buying Jacksonville Physical Therapy Office 3 days ago
- Closing of Two Acquisitions Pushes Simmons to $14B in Assets 1 day ago
- Hospital Vendors Earn Millions for Services 6 days ago
- SPONSORED: Arkansas Is Open for Business, But Are We Ready? 5 days ago