Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Jennifer MauneJennifer Maune went to work at the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation because she wanted to be able to see and to quantify the difference she was making. It didn't take her long to get her wish.
Maune, who grew up in Benton and graduated from Ouachita Baptist University, had a background in fundraising and event planning from her time as director of legislative development at the a legislative caucus. She put that to good use upon arriving at CFF.
Hired in 2007 as director of development, Maune was promoted six months later to associate executive director. In 2009, she became executive director, and has been instrumental in helping CFF increase its fundraising ability. When Maune started, the CFF had seven fundraising events statewide; now there are 14.
The chapter's income has also grown since Maune arrived.
"In four short years we've more than tripled what the chapter is doing," she said. "It's very exciting because that means that we can provide more resources to finding a cure for CF, but also in our chapter we have two care centers [that] we provide funding to. The more that we can do here in the state, the more that our patients see those funds improving their quality of life."
Maune also works to improve her community as a member of the Junior League of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Northwest Arkansas Makes Lonely Planet's Best in US List 4 days ago
- Glo Airlines Adds Direct Flights from Little Rock to Destin 3 days ago
- Facebook Posts Raise Questions For Employers 2 weeks ago
- No Time Like The Present (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 7 days ago
- State Supreme Court Race Latest Test of 'Not for Sale' Argument (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 5 hours ago