Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Little Rock Film Festival
Jack LoftonAfter spending a few years in Los Angeles acting and shooting films, Jack Lofton decided to move back to Little Rock for personal reasons. It seems to have been a good choice.
"It was perfect timing," he said. "I came back at the exact same time that the Little Rock Film Festival was being created."
While enrolled at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Bowen School of Law, from which he graduated, Lofton began volunteering for the film festival. In the festival's third year, he became executive director.
Through his leadership and expansion initiatives, the festival has grown from a three-day citywide event with 65 films and 5,000 in attendance to a five-day regional festival with more than 100 films and more than 25,000 in attendance.
Lofton had a vision that the LRFF could be the Southern film festival, and it seems to be coming true. "We are a culturally vibrant scene; we are sophisticated," he said. "We are an international film festival with the Southern experience."
When not busy with the festival, Lofton also works on his own projects. A short film titled "God Hates Gaga," for which Lofton embedded himself in the infamous Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., as its members prepared to protest a Lady Gaga concert, is currently in post-production.
Arkansas Business Staff
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Moses Tucker Real Estate Looks to Next Generation, Plans for Future 2 days ago
- Hutchinson Details Budget for Coming Year 2 hours ago
- Proposal Filed To End Arkansas' Private Option Compromise Medicaid Plan 22 hours ago
- How A Trans-Atlantic Investment Scam Ensnared Credit Union President Joyce Judy 2 days ago
- Good Luck With That (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago