Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Dr. Jeanine Andersson
Hand and Microsurgeon
Arkansas Specialty Orthopaedics
Dr. Jeanine AnderssonDr. Jeanine Andersson, 38, wanted to have a career that would allow her to help people and was considering the fields of physical therapy or medicine. The Chicago native chose medicine and entered Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in 1995.
After graduating, Andersson completed her postgraduate work at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. She followed that with a fellowship in hand and microsurgery at Duke University Medical Center.
In 2005, she took at job at Arkansas Specialty Orthopaedics in Little Rock, where she treats patients who, for example, have had their hands caught in a wood chipper or crushed by machinery. "The best moments I have with my job are the everyday little successes I have with my patients," Andersson said. "It's sometimes just as simple as [getting] somebody back functioning, so they can use their hands for their occupation or their hobbies."
In 2007, she served on a medical mission in Haiti. And since 2010, she has been helping raise $1 million for UAMS' endowed chair in maternal-fetal medicine.
She said she tries to treat patients and people the way she would like to be treated. "My faith is incredibly strong in my life, and it guides me on moral principals," Andersson said. "I try to be a very godly woman."
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Moses Tucker Real Estate Looks to Next Generation, Plans for Future 2 days ago
- Proposal Filed To End Arkansas' Private Option Compromise Medicaid Plan 1 day ago
- Medicaid, Public Schools See Boosts in Hutchinson's Budget 9 hours ago
- Good Luck With That (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- How A Trans-Atlantic Investment Scam Ensnared Credit Union President Joyce Judy 2 days ago