Brian T. Henry
Vice President, International Mergers & Acquisitions
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Brian T. HenryBrian Henry, 36, parlayed a law career into one at Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
After getting his law degree from the University of Michigan in 1999, the Detroit native went to work as a corporate attorney and specialized in mergers and acquisitions at firms in New York and Chicago.
When a friend told him about an opening for an attorney at Wal-Mart in 2005, Henry jumped at it.
He said he was evaluating his career at that time, and one of the appeals of working for Wal-Mart was he could spend more time with his family, he said.
Henry started as associate general counsel and senior director for mergers and acquisitions.
He was then promoted to vice president of international mergers and acquisitions and is in charge of handling acquisitions in Wal-Mart's international division. He has helped with acquisitions in Central America, China and South Africa. Bringing Wal-Mart to those countries "is probably one of the things that I'm most proud of," Henry said.
Away from Wal-Mart, Henry is the company's representative for the NAACP's legal defense fund.
"What drives me ... is really wanting to go out and help others," he said. Also in the mix, he said, is "wanting to meet new challenges, expand my own limits and test the boundaries of what I've done in the past."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Little Rock Marriott Caps $16M Renovations with Relaunch Party
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- County Clerk Cancels Leslie Rutledge's Voter Registration 6 hours ago
- Mike Beebe Makes 28 Appointments to Arkansas Boards, Commissions 9 hours ago
- Windstream Names Bob Gunderman Interim CFO 12 hours ago
- Developers Reimagine Conway's Oak Street 3 days ago
- Dominik Mjartan Promoted at Southern Bancorp 9 hours ago