President and CEO
Fidelity Insurance Group
Matthew GlassMatthew Glass had what he said was a “cookie-cutter-perfect life,” but even a man in the insurance business couldn’t ensure it would stay that way.
Two years ago his son, Tapp Allen, was born with a rare chromosomal disorder called Potocki-Lupski syndrome, which causes developmental delays.
Being thrust into a life filled with visits to the Department of Human Services, he said, “opened me up to a whole new world of people living in poverty. At DHS you see things you’re not exposed to; you’re around a whole new demographic.”
Since then, Glass has become a passionate advocate for people with disabilities. In 2011, he was appointed to the Governor’s Developmental Disabilities Council, and he serves on the board of the Frank C. Steudlein Learning Center, a day treatment center in West Memphis for people with developmental disabilities.
He is also active in the West Memphis community, where he serves as director of the board for the Mid-South Community College Foundation and treasurer of the Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club. “I know I can make my community better and the only way is to be involved in it,” he said.
His commitment to service extends to his more than 1,500 clients at Fidelity Insurance Group, where he has helped double revenue since he joined the company four years ago.
“I knew we had to do a better job of serving the people of Crittenden County and all over the state of Arkansas,” he said. “If your main goal is to help someone, the dividends that it pays are infinite.”
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Car-Mart Stays the Course in Low-Interest Environment 1 day ago
- Foreign Patent Trolls Threaten Arkansas Economy (Warwick Sabin Commentary) 1 day ago
- Greenway Picks 7 John Deere Dealerships in $112M Buy 1 day ago
- In Lee County, Judge Hears Details of Turner Grain, Related Companies 4 days ago