Patrick D. Wilson
Wright Lindsey & Jennings LLP
Patrick D. WilsonPatrick Wilson specializes in construction law at Wright Lindsey & Jennings, where he has worked since 2002, and he’s seen his share of stressful situations. What helps him, he said, is that he has learned to communicate “well and often.”
“The first thing I learned in law school is that a lot of folks don’t like their lawyers because the lawyers don’t communicate, and I do,” Wilson said. “I’ve found that our system isn’t perfect, so I do have to give clients bad news, but if I have to give them bad news they take that much better if they’ve been informed throughout the process.”
One of those nominating Wilson to the “40 Under 40” honor wrote that Wilson “is responsible for growing the firm’s construction practice into one of the premier construction law practices in the state.”
Wilson is a member of the Arkansas Chapter of Associated Builders & Contractors and the American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry, as well as the American and Arkansas Bar Associations.
He leads the Wright firm’s Stewardship Committee, which determines what charitable causes the firm will support. Wilson also served as president of the Catholic High School Foundation board of trustees in 2010 and continues, as he has since 1999, to raise funds for the American Heart Association’s Heart Walk.
Wilson called his father, Larry Wilson, CEO of First Arkansas Bank & Trust of Jacksonville, his mentor.
“I learned a lot from him about community involvement and service to your customers or your clients.”
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 5 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Home BancShares Completes Purchase of Broward Financial 17 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 15 hours ago