Patrick D. Wilson
Wright Lindsey & Jennings LLP
Patrick D. WilsonPatrick Wilson specializes in construction law at Wright Lindsey & Jennings, where he has worked since 2002, and he’s seen his share of stressful situations. What helps him, he said, is that he has learned to communicate “well and often.”
“The first thing I learned in law school is that a lot of folks don’t like their lawyers because the lawyers don’t communicate, and I do,” Wilson said. “I’ve found that our system isn’t perfect, so I do have to give clients bad news, but if I have to give them bad news they take that much better if they’ve been informed throughout the process.”
One of those nominating Wilson to the “40 Under 40” honor wrote that Wilson “is responsible for growing the firm’s construction practice into one of the premier construction law practices in the state.”
Wilson is a member of the Arkansas Chapter of Associated Builders & Contractors and the American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry, as well as the American and Arkansas Bar Associations.
He leads the Wright firm’s Stewardship Committee, which determines what charitable causes the firm will support. Wilson also served as president of the Catholic High School Foundation board of trustees in 2010 and continues, as he has since 1999, to raise funds for the American Heart Association’s Heart Walk.
Wilson called his father, Larry Wilson, CEO of First Arkansas Bank & Trust of Jacksonville, his mentor.
“I learned a lot from him about community involvement and service to your customers or your clients.”
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Simmons Bank Drops National, Applies for State Charter 15 hours ago
- No Time Like The Present (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 15 hours ago
- Arkansas Supreme Court Race Pits Judge vs Little Rock Lawyer 1 day ago
- Developmental Center Sells for $3.2 Million (Real Deals) 15 hours ago
- New UA Chancellor Joseph Steinmetz Wants to Invest in Students 15 hours ago