Director of Development
Sarah ArgueSarah Argue is heavily involved in community service: She's the youngest member of the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board and a member of Arkansas Children's Hospital Auxiliary Board, among other endeavors.
And she's direct about her professional ambitions.
Short term: "I would like everyone in the state of Arkansas to know what the East Initiative is, what it does and what the community impact is. The East Initiative is an education nonprofit that puts very sophisticated 21st century industry-grade technology into a classroom." Students use that technology to perform service projects. The program helps students "develop hard skills in technology as well as the soft skills that really make success in college and career."
Long term: "I would like to be in a position of influence with a nonprofit in Arkansas that has a positive impact on people's lives."
That focus is reflected in her proudest professional achievement. Argue, who graduated from Wellesley College and the Clinton School of Public Service, was a fourth- and fifth-grade teacher in the Boston public schools from 2004 to 2007. While there she helped a fourth-grader named Kevin move from testing at a first-grade reading level to testing at grade level, fourth grade. She, and Kevin, accomplished that feat in one semester, and it had a profound effect on the boy. "He was so proud of himself, and his confidence going into the fifth grade was remarkable. He knew that he could do it."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Cameron Smith & Associates Expanding 1 week ago
- State Chamber Drafting Bill to Clarify Marijuana Law for Employers 7 days ago
- John Goodson To Defend Himself at Circuit Court of Appeals 1 week ago
- With Trump's Victory, GOP Hopes to Overhaul Medicaid 4 weeks ago
- PACE Financing Allows Aldersgate Apartments To Put Costs on Tax Bill 2 months ago