Director of Development
Sarah ArgueSarah Argue is heavily involved in community service: She's the youngest member of the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board and a member of Arkansas Children's Hospital Auxiliary Board, among other endeavors.
And she's direct about her professional ambitions.
Short term: "I would like everyone in the state of Arkansas to know what the East Initiative is, what it does and what the community impact is. The East Initiative is an education nonprofit that puts very sophisticated 21st century industry-grade technology into a classroom." Students use that technology to perform service projects. The program helps students "develop hard skills in technology as well as the soft skills that really make success in college and career."
Long term: "I would like to be in a position of influence with a nonprofit in Arkansas that has a positive impact on people's lives."
That focus is reflected in her proudest professional achievement. Argue, who graduated from Wellesley College and the Clinton School of Public Service, was a fourth- and fifth-grade teacher in the Boston public schools from 2004 to 2007. While there she helped a fourth-grader named Kevin move from testing at a first-grade reading level to testing at grade level, fourth grade. She, and Kevin, accomplished that feat in one semester, and it had a profound effect on the boy. "He was so proud of himself, and his confidence going into the fifth grade was remarkable. He knew that he could do it."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- The Home of Outrageous Service (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Mike Beebe Appoints 43 to State Boards, Commissions 1 day ago
- Arkansas Venture Center Names Operations Team 10 hours ago
- With Rollin' Smoke, Arkansas Natives Rock BBQ World in Las Vegas 3 days ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 3 days ago