Director of Development
Sarah ArgueSarah Argue is heavily involved in community service: She's the youngest member of the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board and a member of Arkansas Children's Hospital Auxiliary Board, among other endeavors.
And she's direct about her professional ambitions.
Short term: "I would like everyone in the state of Arkansas to know what the East Initiative is, what it does and what the community impact is. The East Initiative is an education nonprofit that puts very sophisticated 21st century industry-grade technology into a classroom." Students use that technology to perform service projects. The program helps students "develop hard skills in technology as well as the soft skills that really make success in college and career."
Long term: "I would like to be in a position of influence with a nonprofit in Arkansas that has a positive impact on people's lives."
That focus is reflected in her proudest professional achievement. Argue, who graduated from Wellesley College and the Clinton School of Public Service, was a fourth- and fifth-grade teacher in the Boston public schools from 2004 to 2007. While there she helped a fourth-grader named Kevin move from testing at a first-grade reading level to testing at grade level, fourth grade. She, and Kevin, accomplished that feat in one semester, and it had a profound effect on the boy. "He was so proud of himself, and his confidence going into the fifth grade was remarkable. He knew that he could do it."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Here Are Some of the Golfers You'll See at Alotian Club's Western Amateur Tournament
- Gannett Nearly Doubles TV Portfolio with $2B Deal for Belo
- Little Rock's Frontline Athlete Management Boasts Five First Round Picks In MLB Draft
- Arkansas Business Presents the 40 Under 40 Class of 2013 2 days ago
- What They're Doing: Updates on Past 40 Under 40 Honorees 2 days ago
- University of Arkansas Athletic Department Projects $80.6M Budget 10 hours ago
- Arkansas Counties Leery of Blueways Title for White River 1 day ago
- Movista: Bentonville A City On Fire 1 day ago