Chad BrownChad Brown has always been interested in technology and how the world ran. "That seemed to resonate with me," he said.
Those interests led Brown to Harvard University, where he graduated in 2007 with a bachelor's degree in economics. The Sherwood native returned to central Arkansas to start his career, joining Alltel Corp. of Little Rock in November 2007 as a marketing research analyst for its wireless division.
While at Alltel, Brown received the inaugural Alltel Customer Strategies Spotlight Award for excellence in the second quarter of 2008.
He stayed with the company through its 2009 sale to Verizon Communications Inc. of New York. Then Brown rejoined some of his former Alltel colleagues at The Circumference Group, a technology and telecommunications investment and advisory company formed by former Alltel COO Jeff Fox.
"Now I get to look at the whole business," he said of his role as an investment analyst and consultant, co-managing a $40 million portfolio with Clay Parker, another of this week's honorees.
Brown tutors at-risk elementary students through Step Ministries and is a member of the Harvard Club of Arkansas’ Admissions Committee and Riverfest Planning Committee.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening
- Report: Alice Walton Is Selling Out of the Cutting Horse Business
- Crittenden County Voters OK Tax Increase to Reopen Hospital
- Mary Beth Brooks: Farmers & Merchants' Offer a 'Surprise' But Made Sense 5 hours ago
- Patented Protein from Fayetteville Firm Treats Bone and Hair Loss 1 day ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Tops Bank Performance Scorecard 1 day ago
- Lee Rudofsky Hired as State's Solicitor General 1 day ago
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening 2 days ago