Chad BrownChad Brown has always been interested in technology and how the world ran. "That seemed to resonate with me," he said.
Those interests led Brown to Harvard University, where he graduated in 2007 with a bachelor's degree in economics. The Sherwood native returned to central Arkansas to start his career, joining Alltel Corp. of Little Rock in November 2007 as a marketing research analyst for its wireless division.
While at Alltel, Brown received the inaugural Alltel Customer Strategies Spotlight Award for excellence in the second quarter of 2008.
He stayed with the company through its 2009 sale to Verizon Communications Inc. of New York. Then Brown rejoined some of his former Alltel colleagues at The Circumference Group, a technology and telecommunications investment and advisory company formed by former Alltel COO Jeff Fox.
"Now I get to look at the whole business," he said of his role as an investment analyst and consultant, co-managing a $40 million portfolio with Clay Parker, another of this week's honorees.
Brown tutors at-risk elementary students through Step Ministries and is a member of the Harvard Club of Arkansas’ Admissions Committee and Riverfest Planning Committee.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Arlington Hotel Names Alan Sims General Manager 4 days ago
- IberiaBank to Pay $11.7M to Settle False Claims Act Case 3 days ago
- UA System Names Two Finalists for UAMS Chancellor 3 days ago
- Tracing Path to Big Buys by Simmons Bank 1 week ago
- LR Businessmen Announce Cashless System for Medical Marijuana Industry 6 days ago