SC Roofing & Exteriors
Sam CarrasquilloSam Carrasquillo thought he knew what he wanted to be when he grew up.
"When I was young, my dream was to be a pediatrician," he said. "But then I realized this is more of my parents' dream than my dream."
Carrasquillo came to central Arkansas in August 1998 from Puerto Rico via Orlando, Fla. The lure was the recommendation of an uncle who had found opportunity here.
Carrasquillo was drawn to be an entrepreneur in high school, buying his first rent house as a 17-year-old. More rental properties followed as Carrasquillo broadened his education and built his own business enterprise.
He graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with bachelor of business administration degrees in finance and real estate in 2005 and a master's in business administration in 2008.
That year, Carrasquillo started SC Roofing LLC, an outgrowth of his residential real estate investing — which he's done with another of this week's honorees, R.J. Martino. He has expanded the business to include siding and gutter work through Home Depot and Lowe’s in central Arkansas.
Starting next year, Carrasquillo intends to open a new office every two years in the major cities in Arkansas. Supporting local charities is important to him, and sponsoring youth sports remains a passion, especially baseball.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Rejecting Amazon, Little Rock Launches New Campaign 5 days ago
- UA Announces Search Committee For New Law School Dean 18 hours ago
- PSC to Rule on Utility Rates in Solar Energy Showdown 1 day ago
- We Look Like Turkeys (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 1 day ago
- KARK/KLRT Meteorologist Greg Dee Off to Cleveland 3 years ago