SC Roofing & Exteriors
Sam CarrasquilloSam Carrasquillo thought he knew what he wanted to be when he grew up.
"When I was young, my dream was to be a pediatrician," he said. "But then I realized this is more of my parents' dream than my dream."
Carrasquillo came to central Arkansas in August 1998 from Puerto Rico via Orlando, Fla. The lure was the recommendation of an uncle who had found opportunity here.
Carrasquillo was drawn to be an entrepreneur in high school, buying his first rent house as a 17-year-old. More rental properties followed as Carrasquillo broadened his education and built his own business enterprise.
He graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock with bachelor of business administration degrees in finance and real estate in 2005 and a master's in business administration in 2008.
That year, Carrasquillo started SC Roofing LLC, an outgrowth of his residential real estate investing — which he's done with another of this week's honorees, R.J. Martino. He has expanded the business to include siding and gutter work through Home Depot and Lowe’s in central Arkansas.
Starting next year, Carrasquillo intends to open a new office every two years in the major cities in Arkansas. Supporting local charities is important to him, and sponsoring youth sports remains a passion, especially baseball.
Arkansas Business Staff
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- 181 People Who Have Got the Power 18 hours ago
- Immigration Reform Now (Editorial) 18 hours ago
- One Bank Turns Attention to Scooter Stuart Life Insurance Payouts 18 hours ago
- Value Place Hotel Visited by $4M Sale (Real Deals) 18 hours ago
- Big River Steel's John Correnti on Government's Role in Private-Sector Projects? 'Stay Out' 18 hours ago