Assistant to the Artistic Director; Faculty
Ballet Arkansas; Shuffles & Ballet II
Jonathan BostickFor Jonathan Bostick, art and business go hand in hand. "Art is my business," the dancer and teacher said. "I am my product."
It's no wonder then that Bostick has invested heavily in himself. A graduate of the University of North Texas with a bachelor's of art in dance, Bostick also has a background in journalism and marketing. "I went to college as a journalism major," Bostick said, but later he switched to dance. Through that program, Bostick met Professor Arleen Sugano. "I spent one semester with her, but we really connected."
So much so that in January 2008, Bostick moved to Little Rock, where Sugano was, to continue training and working with her.
Since arriving in the city, Bostick has been busy. In addition to working as Sugano's assistant and performing with Ballet Arkansas, Bostick teaches dance to 400 students a week at Shuffles & Ballet II, the official school of Ballet Arkansas. He designed the marketing campaign for the Ballet Arkansas fall 2010 season, and has worked as a co-choreographer for the company's 2009 and 2010 "Nutcracker" performances.
"I'm fortunate to dance full time right now," Bostick said. "My skill set is what will keep me in this business for the rest of my career."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Walnut Ridge, Others See Development Boost from I-57 Designation 16 hours ago
- Slideshow: Robinson Center's Renovation Poised for October Completion 5 days ago
- 10 Startups Chosen For FinTech Accelerator Launching May 16 2 days ago
- Sprint to Add Regional HQ in Little Rock, 100 Jobs by Year's End 8 hours ago
- Update: Sun Paper of China Picks Clark County for $1.3B Pulp Mill 4 days ago