Assistant to the Artistic Director; Faculty
Ballet Arkansas; Shuffles & Ballet II
Jonathan BostickFor Jonathan Bostick, art and business go hand in hand. "Art is my business," the dancer and teacher said. "I am my product."
It's no wonder then that Bostick has invested heavily in himself. A graduate of the University of North Texas with a bachelor's of art in dance, Bostick also has a background in journalism and marketing. "I went to college as a journalism major," Bostick said, but later he switched to dance. Through that program, Bostick met Professor Arleen Sugano. "I spent one semester with her, but we really connected."
So much so that in January 2008, Bostick moved to Little Rock, where Sugano was, to continue training and working with her.
Since arriving in the city, Bostick has been busy. In addition to working as Sugano's assistant and performing with Ballet Arkansas, Bostick teaches dance to 400 students a week at Shuffles & Ballet II, the official school of Ballet Arkansas. He designed the marketing campaign for the Ballet Arkansas fall 2010 season, and has worked as a co-choreographer for the company's 2009 and 2010 "Nutcracker" performances.
"I'm fortunate to dance full time right now," Bostick said. "My skill set is what will keep me in this business for the rest of my career."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Simmons First Eyes Downtown Acxiom Building in Little Rock 2 days ago
- Are 401(k) Costs Fair? Firms Can Analyze Fees 2 days ago
- Relyance, Citizens Banks Plan Hot Springs Branches 2 days ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Posts Record 4Q, Yearly Net Income 8 hours ago
- State Chamber Drafting Bill to Clarify Marijuana Law for Employers 1 day ago