Assistant to the Artistic Director; Faculty
Ballet Arkansas; Shuffles & Ballet II
Jonathan BostickFor Jonathan Bostick, art and business go hand in hand. "Art is my business," the dancer and teacher said. "I am my product."
It's no wonder then that Bostick has invested heavily in himself. A graduate of the University of North Texas with a bachelor's of art in dance, Bostick also has a background in journalism and marketing. "I went to college as a journalism major," Bostick said, but later he switched to dance. Through that program, Bostick met Professor Arleen Sugano. "I spent one semester with her, but we really connected."
So much so that in January 2008, Bostick moved to Little Rock, where Sugano was, to continue training and working with her.
Since arriving in the city, Bostick has been busy. In addition to working as Sugano's assistant and performing with Ballet Arkansas, Bostick teaches dance to 400 students a week at Shuffles & Ballet II, the official school of Ballet Arkansas. He designed the marketing campaign for the Ballet Arkansas fall 2010 season, and has worked as a co-choreographer for the company's 2009 and 2010 "Nutcracker" performances.
"I'm fortunate to dance full time right now," Bostick said. "My skill set is what will keep me in this business for the rest of my career."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Hogs Get Slaughtered (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Walton Family Foundation Gives $250M to Charters in Little Rock, 16 Other Cities 15 hours ago
- At Latest Summit, Wal-Mart Seeks More American-Made Goods 15 hours ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 2 days ago
- After Boom in Shale, Arkansas Gas Industry Faces Halt in Drilling 2 days ago