Group Marketing Representative
North Little Rock Visitors Bureau
North Little Rock
Hazel HernandezThough her family has a medical background, Hazel Hernandez knew that path wasn't for her. "I'm kind of the black sheep," she said, with a laugh.
Instead, Hernandez took an interest in the hospitality industry, majoring in the field at Arkansas Tech University in Russellville.
In January 2008, Hernandez began an internship with the North Little Rock Visitors Bureau and was hired in May of the same year. As a group marketing representative, Hernandez said, her responsibilities are varied. Most recently she worked on recruiting the Mexican Restaurant Association's annual convention to North Little Rock. "That was really cool to be able to spearhead that project," she said. "It brings people to the city, but it also brought a cultural opportunity."
Bringing cultures together is something about which Hernandez feels strongly. "As different as we are, we're also alike," said Hernandez, who teaches certification in Spanish for the Arkansas Hospitality Association.
The visitors bureau is also involved with the Argenta Downtown Council, and this community involvement is something that Hernandez admires. "I think we have a great office; we have a great team. I'm very proud to be part of an organization like this."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Georgia-Pacific's Crossett Mill On Front Line of Tissue Wars 6 days ago
- Gates Belting Out Success in Siloam Springs 6 days ago
- Big River Steel Mill Rises in Northeast Arkansas 2 weeks ago
- After 180 Years, Quapaw Tribe Returns to Arkansas in Land Deal 3 years ago
- Update: Scott Inman to Leave KATV in Early 2016, Join GenWealth 4 days ago