Group Marketing Representative
North Little Rock Visitors Bureau
North Little Rock
Hazel HernandezThough her family has a medical background, Hazel Hernandez knew that path wasn't for her. "I'm kind of the black sheep," she said, with a laugh.
Instead, Hernandez took an interest in the hospitality industry, majoring in the field at Arkansas Tech University in Russellville.
In January 2008, Hernandez began an internship with the North Little Rock Visitors Bureau and was hired in May of the same year. As a group marketing representative, Hernandez said, her responsibilities are varied. Most recently she worked on recruiting the Mexican Restaurant Association's annual convention to North Little Rock. "That was really cool to be able to spearhead that project," she said. "It brings people to the city, but it also brought a cultural opportunity."
Bringing cultures together is something about which Hernandez feels strongly. "As different as we are, we're also alike," said Hernandez, who teaches certification in Spanish for the Arkansas Hospitality Association.
The visitors bureau is also involved with the Argenta Downtown Council, and this community involvement is something that Hernandez admires. "I think we have a great office; we have a great team. I'm very proud to be part of an organization like this."
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Incentives Boost Pay for Bank of the Ozarks' Executives 21 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson Names Mike Preston as New AEDC Director 20 hours ago
- Lindsey's Resort Closes Amid $3M Foreclosure Lawsuit 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Windstream Board Gives Final Approval for REIT 21 hours ago