Georgia James Creative
Heather OwensEven before graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Heather Owens was on her way to a successful career. As an intern for Ritz-Carlton, whose parent company is based in Bethesda, Md., Owens discovered a love for high-end design. After finishing school with a degree in interior design, Owens worked at Poss Architecture in Aspen, Colo., before moving back to Little Rock to begin a job at Dassault Falcon Jet, where she designed the interiors of private aircraft.
In May 2010, Owens opened her own design business, Georgia James Creative, with friend Nikki Hastings. After working in big cities and for other companies, Owens said, she was ready to strike out on her own. "It's exciting to have your own business. When I worked in Aspen we had houses everywhere. It wasn't very personal. I really love the personal touch of things."
Owens also feels that being a business owner gives her a great opportunity to contribute to the Little Rock community. The designer is involved with the Peacekeepers, an organization that supports Women & Children First, and recently sponsored a benefit to raise money for a room remodel for the Centers for Youth & Families.
Owens is also working on her own fabrics and in the future hopes to have more products of her own design.
Arkansas Business Staff
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2017 1 day ago
- First National Bank of Paragould to Buy One Bank & Trust 16 hours ago
- Agent Suspended for Refusing AID Access to Customer Files 1 day ago
- Camden Couple to Plead Guilty in Fake Will Case 1 day ago
- GOP Opponent Says Asa Hutchinson Not Conservative Enough 17 hours ago