Director of Risk Management & Insurance Finance
Tyson Foods Inc.
Tai CraterAfter starting as an intern during college, Tai Crater wasted no time in shooting up the ranks at Tyson Foods Inc. That was a big reason why the Northwest Arkansas Business Journal selected the El Dorado native as a 40 Under 40 honoree in 2006.
After graduating from the University of Arkansas in 2002, Crater moved from intern to financial analyst, then was promoted to cash manager for the Fortune 100 company. Last year, she was promoted again, to her current position, which is part of a prestigious job rotation program.
"I was honored to be selected for the opportunity of a lifetime," Crater said. "I think the insurance industry is really exciting."
Tyson has its own captive insurance agency, of which Crater is president. This gives her exposure to many different areas of the company.
"I work with our claims department; I work with legal; I work with safety. There's probably not a day that goes by that I don't talk to someone from those three departments," she said.
Crater also serves on Tyson's 401(k) committee and is in the current class of Leadership Springdale.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Former Arkansas US Rep. Jay Dickey Dies at 77 2 days ago
- UPDATE: Four KARK Employees Fired In Video Aftermath; Nexstar VP Apologizes 7 years ago
- Arkansas Conducts First Execution Since 2005, Plans 3 More 2 days ago
- Quapaw Quarter's Patricia Blick Says Historic Preservation Can Bring Forth Economic Benefits 6 days ago
- Suit Challenges Air Ambulance Patient Bills 6 days ago