Audit Senior Accountant
JPMS Cox PLLC
Marie GieringerMarie Gieringer says, “When I tell people I’m an accountant they’re always so shocked. I think the perception of an accountant might be a little skewed.”
The shock comes, Gieringer said, because she is “free spirited” and “laid back,” and perhaps most people don’t associate an easygoing attitude with accounting. Her explanation for her extraversion: “I was a military child so I’m kind of from everywhere. I think that might be why I’m so outgoing.”
Gieringer graduated from the University of Central Arkansas in 2007 and has worked at JPMS Cox since 2008. Professionally, she’s proudest of having been chosen for JPMS Cox’ charitable action committee and for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Leadership Academy for 2011, one of about only 30 people selected from throughout the U.S.
At JPMS Cox, Gieringer does a lot of work with nonprofits, which ties in nicely with her efforts on the accounting firm’s charitable action committee and with her own interests.
She has volunteered with a number of area organizations — the Arkansas Arts Center, Habitat for Humanity and the Arkansas Repertory Theatre — often working on fundraisers. Because she’s a numbers person, Gieringer said, she knows how important fundraisers are to the nonprofits to help them follow through on their missions.
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Report: US Truckers Generated Record $700B in Revenue Last Year
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Acxiom Corp. Sells IT Business for $190M, Previews 4Q Earnings 4 days ago
- Acxiom Corp. Reports $6.03M 4Q Loss 3 days ago
- Epoch Men's Clinic Expanding in Arkansas 6 days ago
- Mountain Pure Sues Supplier for Selling Resin Mixed With Metal 6 days ago