Audit Senior Accountant
JPMS Cox PLLC
Marie GieringerMarie Gieringer says, “When I tell people I’m an accountant they’re always so shocked. I think the perception of an accountant might be a little skewed.”
The shock comes, Gieringer said, because she is “free spirited” and “laid back,” and perhaps most people don’t associate an easygoing attitude with accounting. Her explanation for her extraversion: “I was a military child so I’m kind of from everywhere. I think that might be why I’m so outgoing.”
Gieringer graduated from the University of Central Arkansas in 2007 and has worked at JPMS Cox since 2008. Professionally, she’s proudest of having been chosen for JPMS Cox’ charitable action committee and for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Leadership Academy for 2011, one of about only 30 people selected from throughout the U.S.
At JPMS Cox, Gieringer does a lot of work with nonprofits, which ties in nicely with her efforts on the accounting firm’s charitable action committee and with her own interests.
She has volunteered with a number of area organizations — the Arkansas Arts Center, Habitat for Humanity and the Arkansas Repertory Theatre — often working on fundraisers. Because she’s a numbers person, Gieringer said, she knows how important fundraisers are to the nonprofits to help them follow through on their missions.
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- Deltic Timber Shares Spike as Filing Reports Buyout Interest 19 hours ago
- Supreme Court Strikes Fayetteville's LGBT Protections 21 hours ago
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference 3 days ago
- Contentious Grocery Store Wine Bill Headed to House 15 hours ago
- Rock Capital to Develop $16M-$17M Downtown Little Rock Hotel 7 days ago